Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Snow in April!

Yesterday morning we had snow! This is very unusual for Virginia. And it was a big surprise for the flowers, though it didn't seem to harm them. The snow was mostly all melted by afternoon, but it remained cold outside.





Big Man Cats with thick man cat fur don't mind walking in the cold snow.


Tulips look yummy with snow frosting on top,





but I prefer the yummy chilled grass--a delicacy!

Biggify this picture and you can notice the snow on my neck that dropped from the forsythia bush above. I shook myself just after my photographer snapped this shot.

Even though I enjoy snow, I'm ready for spring and warm sunshine to return.

~Jake

P.S. Mom's way behind in helping us blog and visit our friends, but at least she completed her taxes this weekend! She has to work very late for the next three nights so we won't get to see her much. At least Dad is home to care for us.


Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

At Sunday, April 08, 2007 11:23:00 PM, Blogger Lux said...

My mom is all stressed out because she hasn't done our taxes, whatever those are. She's got papers spread out everywhere!

I can't believe you've got *snow on the ground! I mean, I believe it, but that's not right.

 
At Sunday, April 08, 2007 11:43:00 PM, Blogger Kimo and Sabi said...

Wowy! Snow and tulips at da same time - dat's wierd!

 
At Monday, April 09, 2007 7:11:00 AM, Blogger mister jeter harris, hizself said...

i know dat dere wuz snow all over da place recentlee, j + b. we had sum flurriez ... but nuthin stuck to da grownd.
i am so reddee fer da spring! we're gointa go frum da 40'z to da 80'z i bet!
luv--jh

 
At Monday, April 09, 2007 10:48:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We got snow too. It got so colddddd.
What happened to the Spring?

~CAESAR

 
At Monday, April 09, 2007 11:42:00 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

I saw the snow on our neck! You are very manly to walk through the cold snow like that. Brrrrrrrr.

 
At Monday, April 09, 2007 12:14:00 PM, Blogger LZ said...

I don't believe you about the snow. Even though I saw it with my own eyes....no snow in April, its a law or something.

Chase

 
At Monday, April 09, 2007 3:13:00 PM, Blogger Karen Jo said...

I see the snow on your neck. You are a very Big Man Cat to go walking in the snow and even eating chilled grass. Brrrr! We got some snow flurries, but it didn't stay very long at all. I'm ready for Spring to come back.

 
At Monday, April 09, 2007 8:28:00 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

It is cold and little snow here too. Stay warm.

 
At Monday, April 09, 2007 11:13:00 PM, Blogger Rosie & Cheeto said...

Luk at the manly way Jake duesn't even notice the cold paws he must have! He's one BIG MAN CAT!!

Oh, we biggified the picktur and noticed the snow on yoo, BSheba! Wow, that's soooo not cul!

 
At Tuesday, April 10, 2007 3:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh, snow does look lots like frosting. I love frosting! what's snow taste like?
Grr

 
At Tuesday, April 10, 2007 9:10:00 PM, Blogger Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Jake ... You look furry handsome in those snowy plants. Meeeeoooowwwww.
Purrs and smooches,
DMM

 
At Thursday, April 12, 2007 12:38:00 AM, Blogger Catzee said...

I never seen snow afore. Is it scary?

 
At Friday, April 13, 2007 3:59:00 AM, Blogger Tara said...

Mom just shook her head, snow in Virginia in April! And she remembers the cherry blossoms in DC, she is often back there during that time. Hope they are OK.
Tara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home