Thursday Thirteen - Our Mom
Mom is a little upset with us because we're fighting so much. She had hoped that sharing a blog would make us learn to get along a little better. To placate her for now, and since some of the other cats have recently featured their people, we thought that we'd dedicate today's Thursday Thirteen to her.
13 Things About our Mom:
- Her favorite color is green, which is also her eye color. She loves the green vegetation of Virginia.
- She shares a birthday with Dragonheart's Mom, but our Mom, at nearly a half century, is much older.
- She is a chocoholic and especially likes dark chocolate (like Jack).
- She went to college in the colonial fairyland city of Williamsburg, Virginia.
- She loves to go hiking and has hiked and camped with Dad in many western states and Canada.
- She has worked for more than 26 years for a large local government in Northern Virginia and is a native of the area.
- She loves nature and gardening and was president of the local chapter of the Virginia Native Plants Society.
- Despite being 15 pounds heavier than when she was 16, she now fits into smaller sized clothes.
- She was a "dog person" when she was a little girl, then became more of a "cat person" when her family adopted Tony the cat at the urging of her little sister. (Thank goodness Mom wised up!)
- She loves to bake--especially cookies and pies from scratch. (Hmm, we've never tried baking after we've scratched.)
- She is thinking about retirement in the fairly near future and cannot decide WHERE she would like to retire. Any recommendations, anyone?
- Her favorite novelist is Jane Austen, but besides Pride and Prejudice and Emma, one of her favorite novels is The Catcher in the Rye, which was recommended to her by her big brother when she was a young teenager.
- She is a terrible procrastinator and may have to leave us high and dry on this blog for a while because she has several projects to complete this month including her taxes.
If anyone wants to know what Mom looks like you, can find her here. Just scroll down and look for the woman wearing a cat shirt and a fleece jacket in her favorite color. You can also find her here on pages nine and ten.
That should gratify Mom's vanity for now and get us off the hook for whining and fighting.