Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Balance

My lovely girlfriendcat DaisyMae tagged me for a meme about balance in our lives. She said that she was tagging both Bathsheba and me, but we all know she really meant just me.

Here’s what I’m supposed to do:
To participate, write a post about balance in life and link back to this post. Answer any or all of the following questions or simply share your thoughts about life balance.

How do you achieve balance in your life? I could say that I’m very graceful and automatically balanced because I can walk along the deck rail or garden timbers without falling off, but I don’t guess that’s what the question is asking. I try to balance my life between eating, sleeping, loving, and adventuring. I’m coddled by my mother, but I like to balance that mushy stuff with hanging out with Dad and going on my adventures in the great outdoors—in my own backyard or the little woods beyond.

What is your biggest challenge in balancing your life? I think the biggest challenge is getting people to do what I want and attend to my needs. Sometimes it’s just a matter of communication and knowing the power of a cute face and expressive eyes.

What are your priorities? Number one is EATING, of course. Sleeping is very important too. And it’s very important to me to have my freedom in the yard. That might not work for all cats, but I would go stir crazy if I had to stay cooped up in my house with my sister.

How have your priorities changed over time and why? When I was much younger, I think that playing was more of a priority, but today sleeping is much more important. Now don’t get the idea that I’m dull or something, because I’m not, but a man’s gotta take some important naps between prowling and patrolling.

What advice can you share to help all of us balance our own lives? Don’t get stressed out about stupid people things like going to a JOB and making money. People make life too complicated. Just relax, look cute, and allow people to cuddle you. Everything will work out in your favor. People will beg to wait on you.

Now it’s my turn to tag five others. so I’m tagging: Rosie and Cheeto (together or singularly), Bubbles, Eclair (when her lady recovers from her surgery - Best Wishes!), and Chase.

~Jake

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 04, 2007 12:52:00 AM, Blogger Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Excellent answers, Jake! I knew that I had to tag you 'cuz you're always patrolling on the porch railings and that takes lots of balance!
Smooches!
DMM

BTW: Cut Bathsheba a tiny bit of slack. She seems as if she's gettin' a tad cranky about all of your posts and a dearth of hers ...

 
At Wednesday, April 04, 2007 3:57:00 PM, Blogger OreotheCat said...

You sure have lots of balance in ur life! Daisys right, walking on porch rails takes lots of balance! TAke Care Guys!
Luv,
Oreo the Cat

 
At Thursday, April 05, 2007 8:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jake, this is excellent and well thought out. You are well balanced!

~Princess

 
At Sunday, April 08, 2007 1:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for participating in the meme and reminding of us of the really important things. Cats are so much more balanced than people who worry about jobs and other boring stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home