Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Thursday 13 - Places Depicted on My Magnets

Updated 3/31/07 with photos.



When Mom travels, she often buys souvenir magnets for all the people back at her office. When she has extras, she gives them to me for my magnet collection. It's on the side of the tall file cabinet at the foot of my bed next to my throne.

13 Places Depicted on My Magnet Collection:






  1. San Francisco, home of my good friends Rosie and Cheeto. I have two of the Golden Gate Bridge and one of a Victorian house. The Bay area is also home to a number of our blogging friends including Skeezix and his family and Kimo and Sabi.



  2. New York, home of Jeter, Kismet, Ariel, and Sammy and Miles (if it's the whole state, not just the big city).



  3. Maine, three magnets showing wild blueberries and a loon.



  4. Butchart Gardens, Victoria, British Columbia



  5. New Hampshire, one with enormous vishus deer called moose.



  6. Colorado, two with Rocky Mountains and wildflowers.



  7. Minnesota, one with a 3-D loon.



  8. Olympic National Park in Washington State.



  9. Zion National Park in Utah.



  10. Bryce National Park in Utah.



  11. Stowe, Vermont.



  12. Alaska, two of Denali National Park/Mt. McKinley and one of a wolf.



  13. Yosemite National Park in California, with Yosemite Falls. Unfortunately for Mom and Dad, the falls were dry when they visited in October of 2002.



Mom has camped in or near all of those places except for San Francisco, Butchart Gardens, and Minnesota. She wishes she had a Banff magnet; that's the most beautiful place she ever visited. She needs a Wyoming magnet; that's where she and Dad met.




I prefer to just get the magnets. I'd rather stay home. I now have a new Skeezix "biker dude" magnet. Isn't it great?




Blogger won't let me post photos tonight, and Mom and I have wasted a lot of time trying. Bummer! (Update, 3/31: now I have photos.)




~Jake




Labels: , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At Thursday, March 29, 2007 11:18:00 PM, Blogger MaoMao said...

Hi, you two! Those sure are a lot of nice places. I've never been outta Tennessee!

Come by my bloggie when ya get a chance -- I tagged you two for a meme, whichever one of you wants to do it!

Purrs and kittyhugs!

 
At Thursday, March 29, 2007 11:45:00 PM, Blogger Rosie & Cheeto said...

Yoo culd camp ovur at owr place in san francysco. We culd set up two chairs and put a blanket on top to make a tent!!! Kitty Slumbur party!

HEHEHE, I think the werd loon is funny...kinda reminds me of a kitty in a clown owtfit. Mane and Minnesoda sownd like thay are FULL of loons! -Cheeto

If yoo two evur wanna travul, I'll share my jetpack!!! -Rosie

 
At Friday, March 30, 2007 7:08:00 AM, Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

Oh we haf a magnet collection too. We didn't know any ofer poodies did. ~Merlin, Shadow, Ko KO

 
At Friday, March 30, 2007 10:47:00 AM, Blogger LZ said...

What a great TT!! The Lap Lady is from Maine originally. I bet your magnets are really cool all together!

Kaze

 
At Friday, March 30, 2007 11:55:00 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

That sounds like a very nice magnet collection you have! My Gramma lives in Wyoming (Casper).

 
At Friday, March 30, 2007 7:52:00 PM, Blogger Lux said...

Your magnet collection is quite diverse - my mom loves Utah; she thinks it's stunning there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home