Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Tolerant Tortie on Toesday

I was napping peacefully on the bed when Mom rudely starting snapping my photograph.
It's hard to sleep when there's a flash going off in my face. But I endured.
She found me irresistible and had to pick me up and hug me. I DON'T like to be picked up, but I do try to be a tolerant cat sometimes. I know that Mom needs lots of comforting lately so I put up with more than my usual limit for hugging. My annoying brother doesn't mind hugs at all, so I realize that I need to step out of my comfort zone, so to speak, to compete with him. He's been trying very hard to charm himself into first place in her heart. At least I have history on my side because I've known Mom longer.
~Bathsheba

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 06, 2007 10:17:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

My annoying brother should get together with your brother. They would get along well. He loves to be picked up! I hate it. I really hate it.

 
At Wednesday, November 07, 2007 12:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not like to be picked up. It is very tolerant of you to allow your human to do this.

 
At Wednesday, November 07, 2007 12:34:00 AM, Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

you took all of that really well Bathsheba ~the Fluffy Tribe

 
At Wednesday, November 07, 2007 1:19:00 AM, Blogger Rosie & Cheeto said...

Way to think abowt the long term, B'Sheba. A little bit of cudduls and girlie niceness is sure to get yoo furst place in yer lady's hart! Keep up the gud werk. -Rosie

 
At Wednesday, November 07, 2007 6:48:00 AM, Blogger Parker said...

Sometimes a kitty has to do what a kitty has to do. It's a good thing that you do to keep your Mommy feeling happy with an occasional hug!

 
At Wednesday, November 07, 2007 9:35:00 AM, Blogger Catzee said...

Aw. Give yur mom some purrs fur me.

 
At Wednesday, November 07, 2007 12:17:00 PM, Blogger Daisy said...

Bathsheba, I love the expression on your face when you are being picked up! It is very nice of you to allow your mom to pick you up and snuggle with you since she needs extra TLC right now. This proves you are a very Good cat.

 
At Wednesday, November 07, 2007 12:42:00 PM, Blogger The Cat Realm said...

Keep reminding your Mom that you were once feral ( I think that's what I remember to be true?). I know that any affection that Anastasia displayed would go triple the way compared to mine because she was "feral" - as if that counts more!
Anastasia hated to be picked up and when she endured it the staff always got really excited!
I let myself be carried around the whole compound and some - do I get the same excitement over it?
Life is just not fair sometimes!
Karl

 
At Wednesday, November 07, 2007 3:59:00 PM, Blogger LZ said...

A lady like you should be aloof, it makes her want to snuggle you more. Trust me, I know.

Latte

 
At Wednesday, November 07, 2007 4:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is good to hug your mom and comfort her. We really do not like to be picked up either but endure it because we love our mom.

 
At Wednesday, November 07, 2007 8:35:00 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Sometimes I'm not in the mood to be picked up, but B, L &T are right--you should comfort your mom any way she needs you to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home