Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Jake's Halloween Costume

At first I thought that Mom had brought me a great catnip-scented animal skin for me to wrestle.
That was cool!



But, no! Mom thought that it would make a cute Halloween costume for me. I blame Karl for making her think about other species and how I might make a good giraffe.
I got very upset and would not cooperate by allowing her to put my front legs through the leg holes.

I am dejected, defeated, and humiliated.
But, maybe I can transform myself back to a handsome tabby cat.



Almost there!




Metamorphosis!




Last year I was a suave Frenchman for Halloween, but this year she tried to turn me into a giraffe. We haven't decided whether I should actually enter the contest since I wouldn't fully don the costume. What do you cats think?
~Jake
P.S. Time is of the essence because Mom is leaving for California early early on Saturday morning and won't be home for a week.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At Friday, October 19, 2007 1:09:00 AM, Blogger michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

That is very sweet of your Mommy buying gift about catnip.
If you don't like wearing anything, just leave it as your cover sheet will be fine. You could snuggle with it~! Hehehehe~!

However, you wore just fine, and cute, hahahaha~!

 
At Friday, October 19, 2007 11:13:00 AM, Blogger LZ said...

Oh yes enter!! Its the effort that counts! I think the costume is really cool and you did a great job putting it on. Good job for you on fighting it.

Chase

 
At Friday, October 19, 2007 12:31:00 PM, Blogger Boy said...

A giwaffe!!!!! Oh dear....now mine Mummy wants one too!!!!!
Help!!!!!
(PS: Mine Mummy is nuts over giwaffes)

 
At Friday, October 19, 2007 1:03:00 PM, Blogger Daisy said...

Jake, I do not blame you for not wanting to get all the way inside that animal skin. It looks kind of like the giraffe wanted to eat you up! You get an A for effort though, and that's the important part.

It is very, very hard to wear an outfit with arm and leg holes. I like to wear clothes, but I can't wear anything with arms and legs both.

I think you should enter the contest! You can say you are a fierce lion who hunted down a mighty giraffe in Africa!

 
At Friday, October 19, 2007 2:02:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Hendrix said...

oh goodness. I think Daisy has a great idea! You should certainly enter. I am entering even tho my elephant head didn't really set right cause I kept running away and shaking my head.
It is just for fun right?

 
At Friday, October 19, 2007 2:35:00 PM, Blogger Tybalt said...

You should definitely enter. I agree with Daisy and Hendrix. You looked very dashing in it . . . more like you were wearing the giraffe skin because you were a mighty hunter!

 
At Friday, October 19, 2007 10:43:00 PM, Blogger Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Um, some costumes work an some dont. Yer like us, we don't want clothes all ofer us...

Skeeter and LC

 
At Friday, October 19, 2007 10:48:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's a cool costume.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home