Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Five Things Meme

Last week we were tagged by friends DaisyMae Maus, Tara, and Rosie and Cheeto for the Five Things Meme. Here goes:

What were you doing 10 years ago?
J&B: We were mourning the loss of our 19 year old big sister Precious and our grandpa. He used to take care of us when Mom went on vacations.
B: Actually, exactly 10 years ago, I ran away for the first time. I was gone from July 11-23. Mom worried excessively, posted signs, called the shelters, and searched and searched. I never told her where I went. I simply emerged from the woods that Wednesday evening by announcing myself with my little voice.

What were you doing 1 year ago?
J&B: Last year we were just discovering cat blogging. We started reading Kismet and Skeezix and some other kitties. We started our own blog by the end of August.
J: One year ago this month I had to start taking pills with all my meals because I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism.

Five snacks we enjoy:
J: Chicken, salmon, cheese, Bathsheba's food, Temptations and all treats. Am I limited to ONLY FIVE because I could go on and on here.
B: Milk (just a little taste is all Mom gives me), Butter (or margarine), cheddar cheese, Temptations and treats that Mom feeds by hand

Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:
J&B: The only song for which we know all the lyrics is the "Cat Anthem." That's what our grandma calls our purring. We leave the regular singing to Dad.

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
J&B: Being a millionaire is not what it used to be many years ago. We have simple tastes (just keep the food coming!) and a comfortable home with an awesome jungle garden so we are satisfied. We could have Mom home more if she did not have to go to "work." We read that some of the other blogging cats would invest in the Temptations company. We think investing would be a good idea. We could then split the income between Mom (so she didn't have to work) and donations to animal charities for years to come.

Five bad habits:
J: 1. Peeing on things in the house. (Very bad). 2. Digging my claws into Mom's arm to make biscuits when she's holding me. 3. Pushing Bathsheba out of the way and taking her food. 4. Scratching on the screen. 5. Peeing on things. (Do you get the idea that that's BAD?)
B: 1. Sometimes giving Mom the bitey when she touches me. (I then later apologize.) 2. Hissing at Mom sometimes. 3. Scratching and making my fur fly (This affects Dad's allergies.) 4. Making a mess of my meals by dropping my food all around the floor. 5. Waking Mom up on weekends. (I don't think this is bad, but she does.)

Five things you like doing:
J: Hanging out on the deck with Dad, chasing bugs, going in the woods, playing fishing pole-type games with my dad, EATING
B: Sleeping on my kitchen chair, sleeping on the bed with Mom (near her, but not generally touching her), playing with the dangling strings that hang from my kitchen chair cushion, getting drinks of water from the bathroom sink faucet, getting treats from Mom.

Five things you would never wear again:
J&B: That awful pink wig!
J: That French artist Halloween costume, the birthday party hat
B: That embarrassing hula girl Halloween costume, the birthday party hat.
We don't like to wear anything but our furs!

Five favorite toys:
Our answers vary depending on the time of the year.
J: 1. Bugs, 2. dangly things that Dad animates for me, 3. catnip toys especially when they're new
B: 4. Chair cushion strings, 5. hockey pucks/aka bottle caps

Since we're late in responding to this meme, most cats have been tagged by now. If you haven't been tagged yet officially, consider yourself tagged by us.

Labels: , , , , ,

15 Comments:

At Sunday, July 15, 2007 7:18:00 PM, Blogger Rosie & Cheeto said...

Awesum ansurs!
Jake- yer sure a pro at peeing on things and it's grate to see how a mancat attaks things such as bugs and dangly things! And wow, yoo use yer claws sumetimes when yoo make biskits....facinating
B-Sheba-Way to wurrie yer lady by taking off 10 years ago...not vary nice, but we wondur whare yoo went! And we LUV buttur too! It's a vary bad thing to luv but it's super super yummy!

 
At Sunday, July 15, 2007 7:45:00 PM, Blogger Daisy said...

I learned some things about you I did not know before! I never knew you ranned away, Bathsheba. I'll bet that was a very scary adventure you had. I must say though that I think you looked very very cute in the hula outfit.

 
At Sunday, July 15, 2007 9:22:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Bathsheba, I have never tried butter before. Seeing it is a dairy product, I think I might like it. If only I could open the refrigerator.

 
At Sunday, July 15, 2007 10:04:00 PM, Blogger Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Furry excellent responses. I like butter, too ... an' margarine an' peanut butter!

DMM

 
At Sunday, July 15, 2007 10:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you--I AM NOT wearing that pink wig again!!!!

 
At Monday, July 16, 2007 1:03:00 AM, Blogger michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

\⊙▽⊙/ Peeing on things at the bad habit twice~!!!
Oah dear, you momma and daddy must be the kindest human in the whole world~!

I can see you have very sweet relationship to your present, great to you~!

 
At Monday, July 16, 2007 1:28:00 AM, Blogger The Cat Realm said...

JAKE! I had no idea you peed in the house. On things! I hate the litterbox, so I do pee in the bathtub sometimes when I can´t go out in time. And I have been known to have pooped on the bathroom floor also. But NOT on the carpet! And only in the staff´s bathroom. And only because the staff didn´t let me out in time!
Bathsheba, you and Anastasia! She likes to bite too. And sometimes scratches. And still hisses once in a while. But everybody here knows she doesn`t mean it, it is her feral heritage, so it is quiet silly actually.
Your buddy Karl

 
At Monday, July 16, 2007 3:43:00 PM, Blogger MaoMao said...

Wowie, Bathsheba! That must have been a furry skeery time when you ran away, both fur you and fur your momma! I'm so glad you were okay, and I bet your momma was sooooo happy and relieved.

I enjoyed readin' your answers. I love playin' with buggies, too -- they're onna my furry favrite toys!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

 
At Monday, July 16, 2007 5:18:00 PM, Blogger LZ said...

Bugs are a year round fun thing to play with if you ask me! You guys have such great fun lives.

Latte

 
At Monday, July 16, 2007 10:33:00 PM, Blogger Zoey and the furballs said...

We loved your answers, especially the ones about hockey pucks. Hockey is a beloved sport here because Mommy and Daddy got married at a hockey game.

 
At Tuesday, July 17, 2007 2:05:00 AM, Blogger Tara said...

hehe..I'm with you about that wig, that is why I made Kavan wear it!

Tara

 
At Tuesday, July 17, 2007 1:31:00 PM, Blogger Kismet said...

Hi guys! I got your present last night and I just blogged about it, so make sure to come check it out. And I agree with Daisy, Bathsheba - you looked GREAT in the hula outfit!

 
At Tuesday, July 17, 2007 10:20:00 PM, Blogger Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Good meme answers both you kitties!

Very honest about the "5 Bad Things"! We are impressed! Most kitties want to hide that stuff.

 
At Tuesday, July 17, 2007 10:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we remember that you two weren't exactly thrilled to wear those Halloween costumes! hey Jake - would you whisper to us what you were doing when you ran away? we won't tell.

 
At Wednesday, July 18, 2007 1:20:00 PM, Blogger Skeezix the Cat said...

That Hula Gerl kostoom was a klassik, 'Sheba!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home