Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Torture and Indignity

I THOUGHT that Mom loved me, but I'm not so sure now. She wanted me to take part in Skeezix's costume contest. Since Mom doesn't have Photoshop, she said that I'd have to wear the real thing. Well, here goes my last shred of dignity:



I'm supposed to be a hula girl.









I put up a good fight while enduring this torture, but somehow Mom got the camera timer to capture this image.





She tried for another shot, but I was all claws.

You should have heard my protests.












And where were Dad and Jake while Mom was torturing me?

Why watching TV (asleep) on the couch, of course!



Well, all is (almost) forgiven, Mom, since you gave me all those nice Temptation treats!

~Bathsheba

10 Comments:

At Saturday, October 14, 2006 2:11:00 AM, Blogger Rosie & Cheeto said...

WAYT A MINUTE!!! Furst of all, yoo luk vary vary hawaiian attractive, Bathsheba. It wuld have maid no sense to have Jake in a skurt....That being said, why culdnt yer mommy dress him up in a sute and tie or sumething else that onlie a male wuld ware. How WRONG!!

 
At Saturday, October 14, 2006 3:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, ha. I love that picture of your claws.

 
At Saturday, October 14, 2006 8:13:00 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

You poor thing, being dressed up in funny clothes.

 
At Saturday, October 14, 2006 8:42:00 PM, Blogger Rosie & Cheeto said...

HAHAHAHA, We luked on Skeezix's costuum contest and saw yer bro, Jake....or shuld we say, Jacque!! hehehehehehe

 
At Saturday, October 14, 2006 10:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I NO WHAT U MEAN!

 
At Sunday, October 15, 2006 5:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasn't too happy either, I even used a few of my bad growly words, but I decided to humour her and sit still for a least a couple photos. I'm used to posing, because she takes lots of pictures of me for her art (or so she says). But I don't think I want to do it in a costume again. You're right Bathsheba, it IS trying to be a model! Good thing we're so well paid for it!

 
At Monday, October 16, 2006 2:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a hula girl wif big sharp claws and an evil look in her eyes is just extra good - we love it!

 
At Monday, October 16, 2006 1:53:00 PM, Blogger Kismet said...

I think you look smokin' Bathsheba. I espeshully like that picture with your pink paw pads all spread out. I'll come clean in between them if you want. I'll even suck on your toenails.

 
At Tuesday, October 17, 2006 7:52:00 AM, Blogger Kismet said...

Bathsheba - I didn't mean to get you in trouble with your mom! I just like to clean toes.

 
At Monday, July 16, 2007 1:30:00 AM, Blogger The Cat Realm said...

BITE, BITE, BITE!!!!
I ONLY allow to be dressed up in Photoshop!
Anastasia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home