Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Tortie's Toy for Tuesday

At nearly 16 years of age, I pride myself on being a dignified lady cat. I've semi-retired from hunting, though I could not resist that hapless vole the other day. While I do like catnip very much, I am not prone to spontaneous bouts of silliness without it. Thus, it was very out of character for me to be caught by the camera playing by myself. I just could not resist those dangly strings hanging from my kitchen chair.

Mom was very quick with the camera, but I had to walk away once she started to gush over my playful kitten ways. At least Jake didn't witness this; I never lower my guard by playing when he is around.
Note the Drinkwell on the floor under the chair in the corner. That was a gift from Santa Claus last Christmas. Mom set it up for me, but I was NOT interested in drinking from it. She eventually put it back in the box because I would not use it. I prefer drinking straight from the bathroom sink where Mom has to give me individual attention by turning on the water. That Drinkwell may continue to sit there because Mom is notorious for procrastinating and letting things pile up. If there's a cat out there who might enjoy a Drinkwell, send us an email at jakeandbathsheba AT yahoo DOT com.
Oh, and BTW, both Jake and I like to drink out of those wide "birdbaths" outside. Sure, birds do get them dirty by splashing around in them, but Dad is scrupulous about keeping them cleaned out. I prefer to drink out of the birdbath that is several feet off the ground where I have to balance on the edge, but Mom has not had her camera ready when I've done that lately.
We're honored that DaisyMae and Tara tagged us for the latest meme, but we have to think a bit about our responses to those questions.
~Bathsheba
UPDATE: We sent the Drinkwell fountain to our friend Kismet. See his post about it here.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At Wednesday, July 11, 2007 12:31:00 AM, Blogger Rosie & Cheeto said...

Oh B'Sheba, yoo don't move like yer a day ovur 8 years old. Luk at that grate techneek conquering the hapless vole!

And wow, we wish we culd drink in the burdbath with yoo two! That sounds so neet.

 
At Wednesday, July 11, 2007 5:45:00 AM, Blogger The Cat Realm said...

Uh, uh - caught on film! That can be embarrassing! I edit all pictures of myself before they can be put on the computer permanently!
I am sorry you couldn´t take this dare because of some neglectent human staff who doesn´t provide you with photoshop BUT: the next dare can be done without such things, you only need a camera and as we know, your Mom has one! I will let you know!
Your friend
Anastasia

 
At Wednesday, July 11, 2007 8:43:00 AM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Gee Bathsheba, I hope I'm still playing when I'm 16!~Zippy

 
At Wednesday, July 11, 2007 10:36:00 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

Look at you go Bathsheba! You look playful as a kitten. I like seeing you playing.

We have a Drinkwell fountain, too. Pixie loves it, and I use it sometimes, but I am like you and prefer drinking from the bathroom faucet. Or my little Dixie cup next to the sink for when the faucet is off.

 
At Wednesday, July 11, 2007 10:54:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary B❤️ said...

We like to see you playing!
We like drinking form the sink and little cuppies around the house... Prinnie likes to knock them over sometimes

Caesar

 
At Wednesday, July 11, 2007 11:52:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I do not know what a drinkwell is, but I think that I will have to look it up to see. I think it is funny that you like to drink out of birdBATHS, BATHsheba. Hehe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home