Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Sleepy Sunday

Oh, it was a day for sleeping! Cold and rainy outside, it was warm and snuggly inside. Here I am on my loveseat. I even have my catnip banana with me.


And Bathsheba slept on her favorite kitchen chair, except that she's not truly asleep in this picture. I think the flash made her open her eye a crack.

Bathsheba told everyone about my little indiscretion yesterday. I just can't help it! Anyway, I didn't mind being out on the deck despite the chill. I could keep my eye on the bird feeders. If you biggify this picture and look at the middle feeder, you can see a white-breasted nuthatch. They're cool little birds that descend upside down from trees. Here he is hanging onto the wire mesh that holds a cake of suet on the bottom of this feeder. Dad made it to try to keep the starlings out of it. The other suet feeder to the right does a pretty good job at that too.


Mom made me include another photo of the garden, and since she is helping me blog, I thought that I'd indulge her. There are mostly Virginia bluebells in this bed, and the yellow blooms are wood poppies.
The winds are starting to howl tonight. I'm glad I'm toasty and warm in the house.
~Jake

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At Sunday, April 15, 2007 10:26:00 PM, Blogger Tara said...

Wow, that bird was upside down! Very cool!

Glad you got caught up on your rest. Both of those spots looked very comfy!

Tara

 
At Monday, April 16, 2007 2:23:00 AM, Blogger Lux said...

Your mom's flowers are very pretty!

You both look extremely comfy!

 
At Monday, April 16, 2007 8:37:00 AM, Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

You have a great garden! :) Those birdfeeders look terrific - great idea for attracking birds for you to watch! That nuthatch is cool - he's hanging upside down! :)

 
At Monday, April 16, 2007 12:13:00 PM, Blogger Daisy said...

I see the nuthatch! I see him! He is very cute. I really like your garden. All those rocks look very pretty around the flowers, and it looks so natural, just like a mountainside or something.

 
At Monday, April 16, 2007 12:23:00 PM, Blogger MaoMao said...

What beautiful flowers -- my momma really likes flowers. And you look so furry cozy.

 
At Monday, April 16, 2007 3:03:00 PM, Blogger LZ said...

Sounds like my Sunday. Hmm...is your basement flooded too? Ours is an the psycho vacuum thing is sucking up water!!

Chase

 
At Monday, April 16, 2007 5:08:00 PM, Blogger Fat Eric said...

Nice pictures. Glad you had a relaxing weekend.

 
At Monday, April 16, 2007 7:52:00 PM, Blogger Catzee said...

Ooo, what nice pichurs. I 'specially like the one of you Bathsheba.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home