Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Cans or Bags?

Is this every cat's dream?


A whole bagful of FF! Yum! But is it any FUN?

We can't open those cans to get at that tasty food. We're completely dependent upon our human parents for any scrumptuous morsels. Until I came down with hyperthyroidism, I never ate FF. I loved my dry crunchy food. But Mom can't hide pills in dry food so I happily switched to FF.

Still, there's something to be said about a bag of dry food, especially when it has just arrived from the store and your mom is busy unloading other items. Why, you can put the "bitey" on it before she comes back from the car with another load. (Our friend Cocoa really sets the standard on the bitey since he does it to so many things.)



Here was my last bag of dry cat food. You can see in the lower right corner how I put my bitey on it and helped myself to some of those crunchy yummies. Mom spoiled it by neatly cutting across the bag. Though I didn't allow the indignity of a photo of myself in the act here, I also find those big bags to be a lot of fun when they are empty except for a few crunchies caught in the folds. I will stick my head in the bag and clean out every last crumb.

While I love FF, those cans remind me that I cannot be self-sufficient, that my mom is trying to keep me under some sort of control. And succeeding!

~ Jake

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 27, 2006 3:53:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey - fanks fur the mention! i do pride myself on my bitey. in fact, i was just tryin ta put the bitey on the spacebar on this keybored but i couldn't sink my teefies into it. excellent work on the crunchy bag! too bad that fancy feast doesn't come in packets that you can bite open. sumbuddy gotta invent that - cans is no fun

 
At Wednesday, September 27, 2006 1:43:00 PM, Blogger LZ said...

The bitey is a very good skill to have. I'm VERY good at it myself. I like to bitey the edges of boxes especially. Mewomy NEVER leaves a bag of cat food in the open, she knows how quick we are to attack.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home