Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Squirrel Patrol

Some people think that cats have a life of leisure, but they don't know the hard work we perform. Why, just today, I had a big assignment from Dad: keep those squirrels from digging up our yard! We have jillions of squirrels around here and lots of those acorn trees. Instead of eating the acorns, those stupid squirrels keep digging holes to bury those nuts. As if they'd still be good to eat next spring! I think not! Anyway, Dad is trying to get grass to grow in the bare spots in our lawn and I'm helping by chasing those squirrels away. Like my battle with the coons, this looks like there's no end in sight. The squirrel army just keeps on coming, but I'm trying to do my best to keep the lawn squirrel free. It's exhausting--maybe I should just take a nap instead.



~Jake

9 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 10, 2006 10:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you shure is a hard worker wif a furry 'portant job! how much duz ya get paid?

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 1:59:00 AM, Blogger Rosie & Cheeto said...

Yoo gotta do what yoo gotta do. Gud thing yoo are a strong cat who can run reel fast and fite off the squrruls. Yoo luk a little sleepy, yoo must have had a rough day.-Cheeto

Yoo luk vary handsum on the ledge. -Rosie

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 2:10:00 AM, Blogger Petey said...

You need woofies to do that job for you. Then you can devote more time to naps.

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 2:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, those squirrels are tough! I used to have to guard my old place from them. They were everywhere. The Neighbour guy used to ask my person to bring me out to chase the squirrels out of his garden.

Keep up the good fight!

And thank you, Bathsheba, for thinking I'm handsome. Is it ok if I send you headlicks and cheekrubs?

Jack

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 12:04:00 PM, Blogger LZ said...

That is a serious job. Chase whishes he could get outside and do that but he just hast to be tormented by them from inside.

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 5:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, we are so jealous. We wish we had so many squirels. We had some, but they moved away. We were very sad about that, 'cause we liked watching them.

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 10:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look like you're really on the job! Those squirrels better watch out!

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 10:14:00 PM, Blogger Jake and Bathsheba said...

GM&T - Paid? Dad thinks it's enough that I get fed and have royal door service. I feel like a slave.

Rosie, thanks for the compliment. You're pretty cute yourself, kitten.

~Jake

 
At Thursday, October 12, 2006 1:28:00 PM, Blogger Kismet said...

You look a lot like me in that picture! ARE YER WHISKER HUMPS REAL BIG???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home