Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

It's Futile

We've begun to think it's futile with those coons. If I stay outside all night and guard my deck, they stay away, but if I decide to sleep in the house, this is what might happen:


That's mud. Skeezix said that the coons in the big forest used to get Rocky's bowl, so his food lady started bringing it inside at night. That's a good suggestion and I'm going to ask Mom to bring my empty food dish in. (I lick it clean so I don't understand why they're interested in it anyway.) I'll leave the water dish out since when I'm outside all night, I sometimes get thirsty. And, yes, I do get hungry at night, too, but Mom and Dad won't leave food for me. That's why I have to catch mice or bugs.

~Jake


Well, if Jake ate like a civilized cat and had his dishes inside,


he wouldn't have to worry about raccoons making a mess of them. But I'm not going to suggest that because then he'd try and hog all my food too. I like eating without competition from piggy Jake.

~Bathsheba

5 Comments:

At Friday, September 29, 2006 5:27:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I think it's a good idea to take your food dish inside at night. It is a shame about your water dish, though.

 
At Friday, September 29, 2006 10:04:00 AM, Blogger The Crew said...

We have a racoons that come on OUR deck too, but they raid our bird feeders. When Mom turns on the outside light, they run off. Luckily we don't eat outside, so the bird feeders are the only problem.

Maybe you could consider eating inside?

 
At Friday, September 29, 2006 2:39:00 PM, Blogger LZ said...

Oh, those are the big mean animals I wrote about yesterday. They are vishus, vishus creatures. I hope they stay away from your food and water!

 
At Friday, September 29, 2006 4:36:00 PM, Blogger Kismet said...

Bathsheba, those are really nice bowls. You're lookin pretty good sitting by them.

 
At Friday, September 29, 2006 7:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

k - we gots an idea. all the stores got motion sensor activated scary halloween decorations now. ya go get sum 'specially scary ones an set 'em up on yur deck near yur bowls then laff at the stoopid raccoons when they gets scared away

 

Post a Comment

<< Home