Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Laurel Burch

I'm a little worried about Mom. I fear that she may have an obsession with dead people. What with Grandma's death just a little over two weeks ago, I would advise her not to read obituaries for a while. But, no, she reads them anyway. She read one today for Laurel Burch, the designer of the pretty tote bag behind me in this photo.


Mom gave me the newspaper and urged me to read the obituary since the lady really liked to use cats in her designs.

I didn't really want to read it, but I decided to indulge Mom this time. Ms. Burch did have an interesting and successful life for a high school dropout with a debilitating bone condition. Survivors were listed as a human son and daughter, but surely she must have left cats behind too. I hope that someone will take good care of them.

Mom, let's concentrate on the funnies in the newspaper. We don't want to be sad all the time.

~Bathsheba

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At Sunday, September 23, 2007 1:04:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My human has a Laurel Birch bag that she bought for London. She really likes it. That is too bad.

 
At Sunday, September 23, 2007 7:19:00 AM, Blogger Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We nefurr heard of Laurel Birch, but if she put kitty pikchurs on her bags she must haf been a nice lady.

 
At Sunday, September 23, 2007 11:25:00 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

Oh, I did not know Laurel Burch passed away. We have a really cute mug with one of her designs on it. I am certain she must have had cats.

 
At Sunday, September 23, 2007 3:00:00 PM, Blogger The Cat Realm said...

I will have to make the maid google Laurel Burch, we do not know her....
Don't be hard on your human, she just lost her Grandma and every bean (or cat) deals differently with their grieve... The maid and the butler and me - we all dealt differently with Anastasia's death... But we all still miss her a lot!

 
At Sunday, September 23, 2007 9:29:00 PM, Blogger Parker said...

How sad, we have a lot of her art. If she has kitties, I hope they will be OK!

 
At Monday, September 24, 2007 5:40:00 PM, Blogger Skeezix the Cat said...

My Food Lady was vary vary sad win she herd the news cuz Laurel Burch was one of her faverites, and she was local to Marin, too. The Food Lady is going to go to the memorial service if it's not during the time she goes hunting during the day.

 
At Monday, September 24, 2007 9:52:00 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Oh no, we didn't know this! Mom has a bunch of stuff from her. How sad!

 
At Wednesday, September 26, 2007 4:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

our Lady's got leaky eyes now. she's got no idea who Laurel Burch is, but her aunt just passed away last night and she's very sad anyway. all you've gotta do is mention death to her right now and she starts leaking. we better go get some funnies fur her to read too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home