Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Monday, September 03, 2007

In the News on Man Cat Monday and Middle Name Meme

It's Man Cat Monday and I am in the news. The other day Mom was talking on the phone with Dad and they were discussing the death of some guy named Peet who had a coffee business. Dad had told her about some coffee shop by that name in Santa Cruz. Mom remembered that when she looked at some obituaries in the newspaper. (Don't ask me why Mom reads about dead people; she just does.) Anyway, she spread out the newspaper and set out to fill Dad in on some details of the dead guy's life when I said to myself, "Now who is more newsworthy, me or some dead guy?" I promptly jumped atop that newspaper and made myself comfortable. Mom had no choice but to pet me. She even let Dad hear me purr through the phone. I am NOT going to be upstaged by a dead guy. I mean, hey, I'm Jake, and I am the center of the universe. I AM the news.

And while we're on the subject of ME, as we should be, let me complete the Middle Name Game meme since Rosie tagged me a while back.
Here are the rules:
List one fact that is somehow relevant to you and your life for each letter of your middle name. If you don’t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had.When you are tagged you need to write your post using your middle name and facts about it.At the end of your post, choose one cat to tag for each letter of your middle name. Be sure to let each cat know she/he has been tagged. (It's okay if you don't do this... tag who you want to tag.)
Well, I have a complex name. I was named for my great-great grandfather in Germany. His name was August Jacob Julius __, but I don't know if that's exactly how it is spelled. Grandpa was supposed to have been named for him, but he was relieved that his parents decided on Karl Heinz instead of that long distinguished name. Mom thought that it was perfect for me and decided that she would use a nickname for my middle name Jacob. That is the name I'll used for this meme.
J for joyful because Mom says that I bring her a lot of joy.
A for alluring because of my pretty eyes, long white whiskers, and silky soft striped fur.
C for very cute and charming (see previous letter).
O for original. There is only one ME.
B for bothersome because Mom says that I bother Bathsheba too much, and I'm also bothersome when I want to go out or want to eat. Hey, I know what I want, and I want it when I want it.
I didn't want to do that last one, but my secretary said that I have to show that I'm not perfect. If Bathsheba and people would do what I wanted, then I wouldn't be bothersome and would be perfect after all. See, it's all Bathsheba's fault.
The meme has been around a while so if anyone would still like to play, join in!
Happy Man Cat Monday!
~Jake

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At Monday, September 03, 2007 10:43:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, I have never been in the news before. I have got some work to do.

 
At Monday, September 03, 2007 11:43:00 PM, Blogger christy said...

Our Mom reads about dead peoples, too! We thought she was just crazy.

xo-Pippin & Turtle

 
At Tuesday, September 04, 2007 1:19:00 AM, Blogger michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah, your middle name is so lovely. I smile when I saw "B", that is so cute~

 
At Tuesday, September 04, 2007 1:59:00 AM, Blogger Tara said...

Mom loves Peets! She's been to that store in Bezerkly. Although she admits to liking Starbucks just as much.

But you are so much more news worthy Jake, and you are very cute and alluring.

Tara

PS Yes, Kavan has gotten much darker in the three months we have had him. I looked much like him at 6 months, so he will darken quite a bit more over the next few months.

 
At Tuesday, September 04, 2007 6:57:00 AM, Blogger Parker said...

I would have jumped on the paper too - it was nice that your Dad got to hear you purr!

 
At Tuesday, September 04, 2007 10:33:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary B❤️ said...

My momm never used to read the obits until after her big sister died from smoking ciggies. Now she always reads them too. She knows others are suffering.

We need to do this meme.... MOM!

 
At Tuesday, September 04, 2007 11:00:00 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

Jake, you deserve to be on the FRONT page!

 
At Tuesday, September 04, 2007 11:41:00 AM, Blogger LZ said...

Newspapers are really fun aren't they? Don't worry, for my b-day party it will be an all day event so there will be plenty of time at night for you guys to come on by!

Latte

 
At Tuesday, September 04, 2007 5:05:00 PM, Blogger MaoMao said...

Inna news? Wowie, that would be a fun thing. And newspapers are fun to krinkle, too!

You did a great job on yur meme -- you are furry joyful and cute and furry original!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

 
At Tuesday, September 04, 2007 6:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we like to purr into the phone too. the Blonde Girl calls the Lady at work and holds the phone up so she can hear purrrrrrrrrrrrr!

 
At Tuesday, September 04, 2007 9:50:00 PM, Blogger Rosie & Cheeto said...

oh jake, yoo totally are the news! Way to put yer lady in chek!

And its ok to be bothersome cause that means yoo are the centur of attenchun...which is supur good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home