Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Sunday Solitude and Silence

With Jake in the house, I have the deck all to myself. Sometimes I like to sit and just think about things.
In my 16 years, life's been good to me generally, and I've tried to live it to the fullest. I had my wild times in my youth, and now I like to stay close to home and Mom. Many of my fellow kitties in the world don't have good homes, some have life-threatening illnesses, and some have lives that are cut way too short by accidents.



It's a lot to contemplate. I think that I will retreat beneath this schefflera plant and nap on these thoughts. May this coming week be a good one for everyone.


~Bathsheba


P.S. Yesterday's Washington Post had a nice article about Becky Robinson, the founder of Alley Cat Allies, as well as some photos. It's a good read.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At Sunday, September 02, 2007 11:18:00 PM, Blogger Monica said...

Those are very deep thoughts, Bathsheba. We are all thinking of the things we are grateful for in this short life these days.

 
At Sunday, September 02, 2007 11:37:00 PM, Blogger michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I agree with monica, really deep thoughts, maybe I will consider something the same now, too.

 
At Sunday, September 02, 2007 11:50:00 PM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

It's good to stop once in a while and be thankful for da nice homes we haf and da life we haf.

 
At Monday, September 03, 2007 12:14:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have a lovely patio for relaxing and thinking. we hope this week is full of good things for everyone too. purrs!

 
At Monday, September 03, 2007 12:50:00 AM, Blogger Lux said...

That was a great article; thanks for sharing.

I hope both you & Jake have a great week!

 
At Monday, September 03, 2007 9:15:00 AM, Blogger Parker said...

We have been thinking a lot of the same thoughts...

 
At Monday, September 03, 2007 9:20:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary B❤️ said...

Happy Monday Bathsheba! We are 16 too and always in deep thought and contemplation. Also remembering the good wild days, those were fun times huh?

Mommie did read this article. Wouldn't it be wonderful to live out on some big land and have a kitty sanctuary where all lost and lonesome kitties could be happy and loved?

 
At Monday, September 03, 2007 11:17:00 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

Bathsheba, it is good to stop and reflect on things sometimes. You are a very thoughtful girlcat. I think we have to treasure each and every day, too. We are lucky.

 
At Monday, September 03, 2007 5:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Monday, September 03, 2007 9:55:00 PM, Blogger Rosie & Cheeto said...

yet a grate pondurur, bsheba! We agree, its been a tuff week. Here's to a grate next week. Gotta run so we can read the link yoo included.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home