Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Middle Name Meme for Tortie Tuesday

Since Jake got tagged for the middle name meme, I decided that I would participate for Tortie Tuesday. My middle name is Everdene. I was named for the main character in Thomas Hardy's novel Far from the Madding Crowd, Bathsheba Everdene. As you can see, there are 4 e's in my middle name so that posed a significant challenge for this meme.

Here are the rules: List one fact that is somehow relevant to you and your life for each letter of your middle name. If you don’t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had. When you are tagged, you need to write your post using your middle name and facts about it. At the end of your post, choose one cat to tag for each letter of your middle name. Be sure to let each cat know she/he has been tagged. (It's okay if you don't do this... tag who you want to tag.)

Here goes:

E - Enigmatic. I am hard to figure out, and I keep people guessing. Sometimes I can be very nice, but I can also change in a heartbeat and hiss, curse, and scratch or bite.
V - Voluptuous. I've put a pound or two on since I retired, but I think that makes me all that much more attractive as a spicy vixen.
E - Erratic. This is sort of like enigmatic in that my behavior is unpredictable.
R - Revered by Mom. I am a cat, after all.
D - Divine. See R.
E - Exalted. See R and D.
N - Nimble for an old geezer lady cat of 16.
E - Ecstatic. That's how I feel when I am nipped up, but the high only lasts a few brief minutes.

I invite you to participate if you like. Some names are hard.

~Bathsheba

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At Tuesday, September 04, 2007 11:48:00 PM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Beyootiful Bathsheba! How about exotic, yoor coloring is furry exotic.

 
At Tuesday, September 04, 2007 11:55:00 PM, Blogger Lux said...

Those are great words to describe you - I especially like "ecstatic!"

 
At Tuesday, September 04, 2007 11:57:00 PM, Blogger Samantha & Mom said...

Wow Bathsheba, you did a good job on the Meme! Divine and beautiful! You have very pretty coloring.
Your FL furiends,

 
At Wednesday, September 05, 2007 1:24:00 AM, Blogger Rocky the Gutter Cat said...

If I'd had to rite this for yoo, I mite have added VA VA VA VOOOOM! next to volupchewus. Yoo got it goin' an comin', 'Sheba!

 
At Wednesday, September 05, 2007 11:55:00 AM, Blogger LZ said...

Very good job! That must have been very hard with all of those "e" words.

Chase

 
At Wednesday, September 05, 2007 12:47:00 PM, Blogger Daisy said...

I do not think I ever knew your middle name before. It is a pretty name. I must agree that you are very divine, Bathsheba!

 
At Wednesday, September 05, 2007 4:37:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You have a really neat middle name. Mine is Lee. Icky.

 
At Wednesday, September 05, 2007 11:40:00 PM, Blogger Karen Jo said...

I love your middle name, Bathsheba. You found very good words to describe yourself.

 
At Thursday, September 06, 2007 4:05:00 AM, Blogger michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

These are very great words to describe you, you are very great wonderful cat.

 
At Thursday, September 06, 2007 1:12:00 PM, Blogger Shilgiah the Cat said...

Great words for a great cat's middle name :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home