Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Gus Chang and an Intruder Cat

There she goes again. Mom continues to read that newspaper.
I told her to stay away from those sad obituaries, but this time she found one on the front page of the Style section of The Washington Post. Gus Chang the cat died. He had patrolled a block in Washington, D.C. Of course, Mom burst into tears when she read about Gus Chang. This Gus was 17 and had cancer, but 16 years ago Mom had a cat named Gus. He had stomach cancer and died at the young age of 6. I was born a week after Gus died and came into Mom's life a couple of months later.
~Bathsheba
On another note, we had an intruder in my yard this evening! Mom had her camera with her, and she had just fed me my dinner on my naked deck.
She walked down into the yard while I ate. Little did I know, but while I was busy eating, there was an evil intruder in my yard! Tiger! Mom didn't inform me while it was happening, but later she showed me the photographic evidence that I have posted here. Tiger was at the bottom of the yard by the brush pile, which is next to my natural outdoor litter box. You can see his vishus laser beam eyes here. Mom thinks that he is handsome with his floofy orange fur, but I can't let this rival steal her heart. Tiger lives next door and sometimes we don't see him for months. He stays inside for long stretches then gets let out and roams the neighborhood for days. One winter, after Mom had cleared all the plant debris out of the front window box, Tiger used to like to nap there in the sun. Mom would see him there at 7:45 a.m. when she would be leaving for work. Sometimes in the summer he would sleep in the vines on top of the lattice over the swing. Regardless, I DO NOT welcome him into MY yard. He is NOT my friend.
~Jake




Labels: ,

16 Comments:

At Saturday, September 29, 2007 11:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well then I am glad you didn't see him. Imagine the damage to you from those lazer eyes...

By the way, I totally understand. The minute my human gets busy, I end up not socializing nearly as much. In fact, it will probably start happening in October for awhile.

 
At Sunday, September 30, 2007 1:53:00 AM, Blogger Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Yeah, we get really annoyed when STRANGE CATS come inna our yard. We go after them if we are let out.

No one gets inna our yard if we can help it.

Skeeter and LC

 
At Sunday, September 30, 2007 2:13:00 AM, Blogger MaoMao said...

Wowie, it's always innaresting when we see strange kitties out the window -- I always wanna make furriends with 'em but Brainball gets kinda fuzzed up and goes on patrol!

Big huggies to your Momma about Gus, your bruther on the Bridge.

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

 
At Sunday, September 30, 2007 2:44:00 AM, Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Sendings hugs and purrs to your mom for Gus.

An intruder in your yard! How dare he encroach upon your territory. I hope he doesn't come back.

 
At Sunday, September 30, 2007 3:01:00 AM, Blogger MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Thank you dearest friends for loving me so very much and sending me your healing purrrrs and purayers. I have eaten my dinner and drank some water. Mommy puts me in my litterbox and I go pee, then I scratch the carpet and headbunk her. I purrr as she puts me back into the frying pan. I hope she still likes me after I put a hole in her thumb...she should be faster with that pill thing!
Love Peachy

 
At Sunday, September 30, 2007 3:05:00 AM, Blogger Rosie & Cheeto said...

When she reeds abowt stuff like Gus make shure yoo give hur lots of purrs and headbutts. Yoo two have a vary importunt job rite now and thats to remind hur that she has two wondurful furry monsturs who luv hur uncondishinallie and are thare to listen and luv hur. -Rosie

Hey, b'sheba, do yoo think yoo can paint a piktur of yer dad on jake's bullseye? That way yoo can remind yer lady that she has a speshul MANbean who cares fur hur too! -Cheeto

 
At Sunday, September 30, 2007 4:46:00 AM, Blogger Lux said...

I *see that laser-eyed evil intruder! How rude of him!

Give your mom a sweet little love bitey from me,
Lux

 
At Sunday, September 30, 2007 6:09:00 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

That was a sad story about Gus Chang. My Mommie gets leaky eyes too when she reads sad stories.

That intruder cat had better Go Away!

 
At Sunday, September 30, 2007 10:25:00 AM, Blogger michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I also sending prays and purrrs to your mom for Gus... :(

I think that cat just checking around, you won't hurt by him, I am sure that your mommy will protect you, she is the best~!

 
At Sunday, September 30, 2007 7:16:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I hate intruders! I hate them, I hate them, I hate them!

 
At Sunday, September 30, 2007 11:17:00 PM, Blogger The Cat Realm said...

I don't like intruders either! For many weeks a black cat would be around here in the neighborhood, I actually caught the maid providing food for him outside (he would not come near the humans!). But sometimes I had to put my paw down and then the staff would hear us scream at each other out in the prickly pears... One day he caught me and I had three bloody scratches from his claws on my back! And still the maid would put food out, the nerve! Eventually he got caught by the bobcat, a neighbor told us about it. Then I felt bad.
Anastasia would be pronounced the Russian, or German, way (the maid is German) A-nas-ta-se-uh.
We still miss her a lot.
Karl
P.S. It seems the maid cries EVERY time she hears of a cat sick, hurt, or dead...

 
At Monday, October 01, 2007 9:56:00 AM, Blogger LZ said...

Intruder alert!!!! Why is it this time of year the others start trying to come into our territory??

Chase

 
At Monday, October 01, 2007 4:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very sad story about Gus made my mom's eyes leaky.I don't like intruders.How dare he come in your yard...Hisssss!!!!Excuse me I just get so mad.

 
At Monday, October 01, 2007 10:53:00 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

I don't blame you getting upset with that alien in your yard. There ought to be a law!

 
At Wednesday, October 03, 2007 8:50:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yoo've got to put the hammer down on that evil introoder --- after all, it's YER JOB to keep introoders away frum yer property!!

 
At Wednesday, October 03, 2007 8:52:00 PM, Blogger Rocky the Gutter Cat said...

Yeah, Mao. Like yoo do such a grate job keeping Pooper owt of owr yard. Leeve Jake alone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home