Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Upset Tummy Tuesday

Jake doesn't feel well today. He was rather lethargic this morning and was not interested in breakfast! That's not like him at all. You all know that I don't like my younger brother, but he IS family, and I hate to see any cat sick. Dad thought that Jake might have gone into the compost bin and tried to eat the cantaloupe rinds and maybe that upset his stomach, but we don't know since Jake isn't talking. He seemed a little more interested in dinner, but only ate a few bites before turning away. After Mom and Dad had dinner, Jake barfed in the living room. He's now resting quietly. At least he doesn't bother me when he's like this.

Jake already had an appointment at the vet for a regular checkup and blood work for Thursday evening, so unless he gets much worse, Mom will wait until then to take him to the doctor. I know that Jake really wants to go to Skeezix's big party, but we'll just have to wait and see how he feels tomorrow.

~Bathsheba

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At Wednesday, July 04, 2007 12:00:00 AM, Blogger Rosie & Cheeto said...

OH NO, Jake...why did yoo eat can't-a-lowp rinds instead of yer yummy fud? We're supur worried abowt yoo! It's TOTALLY cul if yoo can't come to the party tomorrow cause yer getting bettur...but yoo gotta get bettur, Buddy!!! Were sooooo wurried.

 
At Wednesday, July 04, 2007 2:10:00 AM, Blogger michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah Jake dear,
Please recover soon.
And let us know the news of you~!
Thank you Bathsheba to let me know about Jake, you need to take good care of Jake.

 
At Wednesday, July 04, 2007 3:16:00 AM, Blogger Skeezix the Cat said...

Whut a coinsidense! My big bruther Mao has bin yakkin up tonite too. I shur hope Jake feels better!

 
At Wednesday, July 04, 2007 7:02:00 AM, Blogger The Cat Realm said...

Please get better soon!!! We hate to hear when friends don't feel well!!! Lots of sleep and loving care, and we will think of you a lot too. We know you will keep us updated. And we know you just ate something bad and tomorrow you will be fine again!
Lots of loving purrs

 
At Wednesday, July 04, 2007 9:00:00 AM, Blogger Parker said...

Oh please feel better Jake! I bet it was the cantaloupe!

 
At Wednesday, July 04, 2007 11:17:00 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

Oh, no! I am very sorry that Jake is feeling poorly. Bomiting is No Fun. I hope he is feeling better and I will see you both at the party!

 
At Wednesday, July 04, 2007 9:02:00 PM, Blogger Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Jake ... Fruit? Especially the inedible part? Really? No wonder your tummy is feelin' icky.

I hope that you feel much better now.
DMM

 
At Thursday, July 05, 2007 3:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear - we sure hope it was just something you ate. I barfed Tuesday night too, but it was because I ate a lot at once. Any time I eat too much at once, I barf. Usually Grr and Cocoa come to help me eat it all back up, but this time none of us were interested, so the Lady had to clean it up instead.
Midnight

 

Post a Comment

<< Home