Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Monday, March 19, 2007

Man Cat Monday - Sentry Duty

Sometimes being a Man Cat means you have to shun the photographer because you have manly work to do.

Here I am on Saturday, out in the cold wind, performing sentry duty in the garden. Man cats have to pretend they don't feel the cold as they keep the world safe.




It was a good thing I was out there because a grey tabby cat new to the neighborhood came waltzing into my domain. Well, I quickly showed him who was master of THIS domain, and I chased him around the shed a couple of times. Mom wasn't quick enough with her camera because I was lightning fast.



Here he is giving me one last look as he beats a hasty retreat. I think he learned that he can't mess with Big Man Jake.











Just to ensure that he didn't return, I took up duty outside of the deck rail. The intruder did not return. I think we know who the big man cat is.
~Jake










Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At Monday, March 19, 2007 10:59:00 PM, Blogger Tara said...

That was very important work you are doing. Good for you for protecting your yard. I get really upset when neighborhood kitties come through my yard, but Mom won't let me do anything about it. I need a mancat around!
Tara

 
At Monday, March 19, 2007 11:52:00 PM, Blogger Rosie & Cheeto said...

Yer as quick as lite-ning, Jake! That's super quick! I bet yoo were also as scary as lite-ning to that new cat who came arownd while yoo were patrolling!

Yer such a grate mancat who is vary vary brave!

 
At Tuesday, March 20, 2007 12:29:00 AM, Blogger Lux said...

You are a *real man to do all that important work!

 
At Tuesday, March 20, 2007 3:59:00 AM, Blogger Skeezix the Cat said...

I know hoo the Big Man Cat is: It's Jake!!!

 
At Tuesday, March 20, 2007 10:26:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Quick like Flash Masterson!!!

 
At Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

excellent work! bet that Intruder won't be coming back.
Happy Birthday to your Mom!!! (plus one day)

 
At Tuesday, March 20, 2007 12:31:00 PM, Blogger Daisy said...

Jake, that is very very important work you are doing. And it's a good thing you were on duty so you could chase that cat away before he could cause any trouble. That intruder was smart not to return.

 
At Wednesday, March 21, 2007 2:53:00 AM, Blogger Karen Jo said...

You are the Big Man Cat, Jake. Good job on chasing the intruder away. Happy Birthday to your Mom.

 
At Wednesday, March 21, 2007 9:55:00 PM, Blogger Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

I'd feel furry secure with a mancat like you around, Jake ... It's a good thing you're my valentine and a ChippenDude, too.
Meeowwww ....
DMM

 
At Thursday, March 22, 2007 1:00:00 AM, Blogger Monica said...

Great patrolling, jake. You sure showed him!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home