Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Good News/Bad News

Good news: Mom is staying home with us this weekend!

Bad news: Mom was sick yesterday so she had to cancel her trip to visit her sister in North Carolina for their annual Christmas cookie baking. Mom is almost never sick so this was unusual.



I kept her company on the bed. I was leaned up against her all comfy, but unfortunately, she always seemed to have to move. That annoyed me a bit and I would jump off the bed. But then I would remember that she didn't feel well so I'd come right back and snuggle in again.

~Bathsheba

In the evening she came downstairs and lay on the sofa and I took over snuggling duties. I didn't mind when she had to move around. I'd just adjust and mold myself to the available space.

~Jake

Mom appreciated all the nice comments everyone left about her drawings of us. She always wanted to try her hand at sketching us, and Eclair's contest was just the impetus she needed. Please tell your moms, food ladies, lap ladies, your beans, people, or whatever you call them to try their hand at this. Mom says to be sure to have a nice pencil and a separate big soft ERASER. She said that makes all the difference.

~J&B

3 Comments:

At Saturday, December 16, 2006 2:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Oh" I hope she feels better soon. Very nice drawings.

 
At Sunday, December 17, 2006 4:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We hope your Mum feels better soon.

 
At Monday, December 18, 2006 1:14:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we sure hope she's feeling better. our Lady hasn't been well either, but it's her own fault. she's forgotten to get more iron pills when they ran out last month. anyway, we loved your pictures and so we got our Lady, who'd never drawn anything, to draw a little picture of Cocoa. we had to e-mail it to Eclair 'cause we couldn't sign on either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home