Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

What Am I? Tortie or Not?

I think I'm having an identity crisis, and, at 15, I should be too old for such a thing. I always thought that I had an unusual colored fur coat - mostly gray with some tan mixed in and areas of white (like my chest and tummy). Just once I heard one of the technicians at my vet's office call me a "calico," but no one else ever called me that. Mom always thought that calicos were more patched in color. Well, a while back, cute Little Cat Zee said that I was a "dilute tortie!" I was SOMETHING and belonging to the torties was a cool thing for me. But then I read somewhere on the internet that torties are not supposed to have white on them. Well, that blows that, since I have LOTS of white. I think the torties have accepted me since I'm even on the tortie page of the blogger calendar, but I don't want to be a poseur or something. What do you think?

~Bathsheba

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 05, 2006 10:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you're what is known as a "tortie and white" - I think I've heard that term before somewhere.

 
At Wednesday, December 06, 2006 1:47:00 AM, Blogger Rosie & Cheeto said...

Oh Bathsheba...yer a tortie in my book! -Sinceralie, yer Tortie friend, Rosie

Bathsheba- Yoo can be anything yoo wanna be because yoo are one purty lady!! -Cheeto

 
At Wednesday, December 06, 2006 5:48:00 PM, Blogger Jake and Bathsheba said...

Lux, Mom did a little internet research and there's also a calico and white. I like your term and am going to go with "tortie and white."

Oh, Rosie and Cheeto, you're always so supportive!

I love all three of you!

~Bathsheba

 
At Wednesday, December 06, 2006 11:38:00 PM, Blogger KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

Bathsheba, I thought you WERE a Tortie. No one has ever thought KC was anything but TORTIE (capital letters intended) and she has some white fur on her. Not much, but there it is.

Again, personality wise, I thought you were pure 100% tortie, with that tough a*s tortitude.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home