Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Art Contest Entry #1

Mom tried to enter Eclair's Art Contest tonight, but the computer is giving her trouble and she cannot log in to that blog. Here's the entry she made for me:

She used her favorite photo of me as her guide since she claimed that I wouldn't model for her. That's not entirely true since I would have modeled, but I would have either been in Kliban's classic "cat as meatloaf" pose or all stretched out on Dad's legs.



Here's a closer look at the pencil drawing. Note that she had to get an extra piece of paper because she miscalculated my size after drawing my head. I guess I should give her a break since she probably hasn't done much drawing since high school or some other time back in the Dark Ages.



















~Jake

4 Comments:

At Thursday, December 14, 2006 12:26:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom thinks that's just beautiful, and for some reason she seems to be upset because everything she's tried to do has come out looking ridiculous! She says a 10 yr old could do better than her!

But your Mom's a good "drawer." That really looks like you!

 
At Thursday, December 14, 2006 12:53:00 AM, Blogger Rosie & Cheeto said...

Yer lady is an artest!! Its GRATE!!! Yer a shue in! Owr lady was having trubble enturing the blog too so we had to email owr entry to Eclair directlie... Emale it to:
thaeloblueATgmailDOTcom.

 
At Thursday, December 14, 2006 2:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your lady is a wonderful artist! I wish someone would do a portrait of me!

Kaze

 
At Thursday, December 14, 2006 10:09:00 PM, Blogger KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

o, Jake, that is such a good pickshure ur mommie drawed. she be a good artist.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home