Bathsheba's Thursday Thirteen
13 Reasons Why Mom Thinks I'm Losing a Step
- I don't like to go outside much any more. I used to practically LIVE outside when the weather was warm.
- When I do go outside, I've usually had enough in five minutes and want to go back in right away.
- I can't jump up directly to the bathroom sink for my water unless I jump on the toilet seat as a first step.
- I take a long time to eat my meals, and I usually leave some crunchies behind. (I'm trying to save some for later, but that brat Jake likes to gobble everything up.)
- I sleep a lot. (HELLO, I'm a CAT.)
- I have to have pawdicures by Mom now, but when I used to go outside more, I was self-manicuring.
- I don't always hear Mom coming. Just yesterday, she cost me one of my nine lives when she sneaked up on me and touched me. I nearly jumped out of my fur! She claims she didn't sneak up on me, but whom do YOU believe?
- When Mom tries to give me a piece of cheese, I don't always see it.
- I don't play "fetch" anymore. (That was too dog-like, anyway.)
- I get underfoot more.
- I don't even bother to beg when Mom and Dad eat dinner. I just sleep on my kitchen chair in the corner.
- I don't cooperate for blog photos. I guess that's why Jake has been such a blog hog--that little poseur.
- Hey, I'm almost 16 and a member of the Sweet Sixteens. Give me a break.