Seven Things about Jake and Remembering TeaCup
Before I respond to a meme, I just want to take a moment and remember TeaCup who died yesterday. He was a much beloved member of the Bad Kitty Cats. His life was much too short. On behalf of Mom and Bathsheba, I offer our sincere condolences to Megan and her family.
On a happier note, my girlfriend DaisyMae Maus and pal Chairman Mao tagged me for a meme.
Seven Random Facts About me! Here are the rules for this meme ...Each player starts with seven random facts about themselves. Cats who are tagged need to write on their own blog about the seven things and the rules. You need to choose seven cats to tag and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment that they have been tagged and to read your blog!
Seven Random Facts About Jake:
- I have a very long tail (nearly 14 inches!) and very long whiskers (approx. 4 inches).
- You can call me "Foodar" like that character from the Comic Strip "Get Fuzzy." I love to eat almost everything, but I draw the line at things like pickles and olives. I find the smallest tidbits left on the floor by Bathsheba and scarf them up.
- I have very soft, silky fur.
- I have a condition called hyperthyroidism that was diagnosed last summer, and I have to take half a pill with every meal. Mom mixes it in with my Fancy Feast and I don’t even notice it. Mom knew something was up last year when I was excessively grooming my tummy to the point of its becoming hairless! When the vet first examined me, he told mom that it was probably a result of “stress.” Mom thought that was impossible, but when the vet said to wait a little while longer, she did. I did not improve, and I lost some weight. Mom took me back to the vet, and the head guy examined me and decided to do bloodwork (egad!). Hyperthyroidism was the diagnosis. I had an overactive metabolism. I could eat and eat and still lose weight. Some of your ladies might think that is great, but apparently it strains your heart and can be very serious. I’ve got it under control now and feel fine.
- My favorite place to hang out is on my deck. It’s partially covered and is like a screened-in porch without the screen. I have a nice bed under the big table.
- I can charm the pants off Mom and Dad. They just look into my pale green eyes and they’re putty in my paws.
- Dad is my favorite person. He has lots of silly nicknames for me like "Lurke" because I'm always lurking when food is around. I'm also called "Jakula" with the "ula" to rhyme with Dracula. This hails back to my first Halloween with Dad when he dressed as Dracula. (That doesn't make much sense; I guess you had to be there.) I'm also "Jockula" and "Big Man on Campus" and "The Prince" and "Jakie Boy" and "Little Man" (At 6'2", Dad is the BIG man in this house.) I've also been called Jacques and even the pejorative "Jerkula" when I've done bad things. Oh, I've also been called "Pee Brain" when I've done something the 'rents think is "inappropriate." (DaisyMae said I had to 'fess up, so I did!)
Now I have to tag other kitties. Some may have already been tagged, so I apologize in advance for any duplications.
For those of you who wondered whether my pawing at the door in yesterday's post was successful, yes, it was. All I have to do is scratch on the glass door (usually the sliding glass door in the back), and my servants open the door for me. I go in and out constantly all day long like that.