Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Friday, July 20, 2007

Good News/Bad News

The good news is that WE are not moving. The bad news is that DAD is moving. Away. Back to California. He and Mom will try to maintain a long distance relationship, but we may never see him again. He's been with us for nearly 13 years (almost Jake's entire life), but he never liked Virginia and only moved here because of Mom. She is from Northern Virginia and has never lived outside of Virginia. Packing has been going on for weeks at our house, but the U-Haul truck finally leaves tomorrow morning. I am very sad and will miss Dad a lot, but my pesky brother will be devastated when it finally sinks in.


Jake knows that something is up, of course, but I think that he is oblivious to the truth. He and Dad share a very special relationship, but it's not enough to keep him here. It doesn't help that Jake pees on things, such as this metal percussion stand in this photo.
Now I'm getting sad and sentimental and that's not like me. Let me show you some flowers and butterflies from our jungle garden for Flower Friday:




And here is a little wren egg in a nest they made in a hanging plant on our deck. There are lots of beautiful things out in the world, and we will take solace in Mother Nature.
~Bathsheba



Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

At Saturday, July 21, 2007 12:50:00 AM, Blogger Lux said...

Oh Bathsheba (& Jake), I'm so sorry to hear this (although I'm glad you don't have to go through a move).

That wren egg is so precious!

 
At Saturday, July 21, 2007 10:10:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary B❤️ said...

This is sad news... California and Virginia are far far away.
Hey, you could get a video camera for your computer and have regular chats like my mommie and daddie have with mommie's parents. I love sitting on Blizzie's lap and saying hi to gramma too.

We hope daddy has a safe move.

headbutts~Caesar

 
At Saturday, July 21, 2007 11:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you aren't moving but sorry to hear that your Dad is moving. That is tough. Long distance relationships are harder to keep up for felines than humans though.

 
At Saturday, July 21, 2007 2:17:00 PM, Blogger Daisy said...

Bathsheba and Jake, I am very sorry that your dad is moving away. I wish sad things never had to happen, especially to my friends.

But I am glad that you do not have to leave your great home with the very beautiful garden.

Even though your dad is moving, all of your friends are still here for you. Let me know if there is any way I can help!

 
At Saturday, July 21, 2007 5:36:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am very sad to hear that your Daddy is moving away. I do not like to hear that at all. I think Virginia seems like a great place to live and I'm glad that you get to stay there.

 
At Saturday, July 21, 2007 6:27:00 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Sorry to hear that the dad is moving back to Catifornia. We hopes your beans have a successful long distance relationship.

I never saw the little eggs in our wrens nest.

 
At Saturday, July 21, 2007 7:27:00 PM, Blogger Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

OH, NO! That's just horrible! I'm furry sorry that your dad is leavin' an' moving across the country.

Please know that you can teleport over here to my house anytime that you want for some comfortin' ...

DMM

 
At Sunday, July 22, 2007 5:13:00 AM, Blogger Zoey and the furballs said...

That is sad news indeed. Separation is hard on beans and kitties. Be sure to give you mommy lots of extra loves. It will help.

 
At Sunday, July 22, 2007 6:08:00 AM, Blogger Bad Kitty Cats & Megan said...

Oh we are sad to hear your Dad is going away. We are sending our best purrs and love to you both and your Mom too. you have a lovely garden! What a nice place for birds and butterflies.

Purrs and Love

 
At Sunday, July 22, 2007 9:32:00 AM, Blogger Parker said...

I am so sorry for you. Dads are good things to have, I hope you can still have a relationship with him. Here, catch, I'm tossing a lot of purrs to you from KC to VA!

 
At Sunday, July 22, 2007 9:36:00 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Gosh, this is sad news indeed. :-(

See, I *knew* those trucks are nothing but trouble.

 
At Monday, July 23, 2007 12:09:00 AM, Blogger The Cat Realm said...

Now you gave us all leaky eyes...
Yes, it is one thing to always be together in spirit, but we cats love to have a real hand that pets us and plays with us. We are so sorry for you guys. And while you didn't mention it we are sure your Mom is sad too.
It is good that you guys can stay in your familiar surroundings but the next time might be hard.
So what can we do to help? If you email us your snail mail we will send you presents!
And Jake: that ferocious face is REALLY ferocious. You will be a wonderful big man for the family!
Your friends
Karl and Anastasia

 
At Monday, July 23, 2007 11:38:00 AM, Blogger Skeezix the Cat said...

Oh, J&B, I'm so sorry to heer that yer dad is gone. Yer Mom is probly vary smart not to make the moove, sinse even tho Callyfornia is grate (ixsept for the guvverner), it is vary diffrint frum Virginya (and more ixpensive) and it's hard to be so far away frum all yer frends and famly. We will all be thinking good thots for yer mom and fer yoo guys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home