Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

A Dusting of Snow

Brrr. It's been bitter cold lately, and last night we got a little snow. It was barely a dusting, but the schools around here closed anyway. You cats from the north may not understand this, but in the Washington, D.C. area, the joke is that schools close when there's a flake of snow. Like last week, Mom tried to get a photo of me in the snow, but I had already done my business before she came after me with her camera. She had to content herself with taking a picture of my pawprints. Once again, her camera has the wrong date, because she took the pictures TODAY.





It was much more comfortable to just look at the white fluff from the back of the chair in the living room.

Mom is disappointed that there isn't enough snow for cross country skiing in the battlefield park. It was warm for so long this winter, and now when it's finally cold, the air is too dry to produce much snow. Whenever there's too much snow, I don't like to leave my deck, and I do my business by spraying the grill cover. Dad doesn't like that!

I'm still looking for my special Valentine. We're having computer problems at home so Mom is using one elsewhere just for now. That probably means that I won't be able to post a Valentine in the contest by tomorrow evening. Some nice lady cats indicated some interest in me! DaisyMae Maus seemed to flirt with me, but I think she prefers Rocky. She is about the right age, though.

Stay warm, you cute kitties.

Love,

~Jake

P.S. Today was our Grandpa's birthday. He died nearly 10 years ago, but we all still miss him. He really loved kitties, especially his Siamese cat Marcellus followed by Toby, another Siamese. We're thinking of you, Grandpa.

~J&B

UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!

Beautiful spicy vixen DaisyMae is my Valentine! I am the luckiest cat! Maybe I can escape the cold by teleporting over to San Diego!

~Jake

No, I am the luckiest! Bubbles picked me! And he produced the greatest Valentine video. It was both funny and romantic. I was embarrassed by the hula costume when Mom dressed me in it for Halloween, but Bubbles must have liked it.

~Bathsheba

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

At Wednesday, February 07, 2007 9:07:00 PM, Blogger Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Jake ... You're not taken already? I'd LOVE to be your Valentine.
DMM

 
At Wednesday, February 07, 2007 10:00:00 PM, Blogger Jake and Bathsheba said...

Oh, DaisyMae, that's fabulous! I'm swooning. I have the queen of the Feline Americans!

Love,
~Jake

 
At Wednesday, February 07, 2007 10:25:00 PM, Blogger Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

Bathsheba - Bubbles posted something for you on Skeezix'x Valentine's Day competition.
http://vdcontest.blogspot.com/2007/02/bubbless-valentine-to-bathsheba.html
Even if you choose another for your valentine, it's OK. He just wanted you to know how he feels.

 
At Wednesday, February 07, 2007 10:49:00 PM, Blogger Artsy Catsy said...

Hi, Jake & Bathsheba! We're just dropping in to let you know before it goes up on the Cat Blogosphere that we're having a special benefit at ArtsyCatsy to help Mu Shue Pook King Cat. Stop in and see us when you get a chance!

Rocky & the cat staff

 
At Thursday, February 08, 2007 12:30:00 AM, Blogger Rosie & Cheeto said...

Wow, it does luk super cold ovur thare. Jake...yoo wuld be a grate valuntine, but being a playur is also cul!!

And just so yoo know, yer grandpa is luking over yoo and smiling at the fact that he raised yoo and yer peeple well (of corse, he raised them to like kitties).

 
At Thursday, February 08, 2007 11:22:00 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

Your pawprints in the snow look funny! We lived in Loudoun county for about a year, and I remember how the schools would always close for ANY snow.

I'm sending up a birthday wish to yer Grandpa. It is nice to remember him, and think happy thoughts.

 
At Thursday, February 08, 2007 9:28:00 PM, Blogger Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Jake ... I'm furry glad that you've picked ME to be your valentine! Please teleport over whenever you'd like. It's been furry warm for February and you could bring me a box of snow.
Kisses,
DMM

 
At Friday, February 09, 2007 7:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

purrr - you've both got great Valentines!

 
At Saturday, February 10, 2007 7:26:00 PM, Blogger Skeezix the Cat said...

Congrats, Bathsheba -- Bubbles' valentine to yoo is finulist in the VD kontest.

Heer's ware yoo can git the code for the badge to git cats to vote for Bubble's Valentine to yoo:

http://skeezixthecat.com/vdbadge.html

 
At Sunday, February 11, 2007 9:24:00 PM, Blogger Rosie & Cheeto said...

B'sheba...yoo luk HOT in yer hula owtfit and it's the purrfect picktur fur the video!! - Cheeto

 

Post a Comment

<< Home