Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Bloodwork Part I

Saturday began as all days do for me: hungry. Unfortunately for me, it was also a weekend so that meant that breakfast might be later than usual. Still, it seemed that Mom was making even less of an effort to come down and feed me (um, I mean, US).



Here we are waiting patiently at the bottom of the stairs.

I pointed out Bathsheba's empty dish, but to no avail. THEN Mom says, "No breakfast!" And Dad brings out the prisoner transport unit (PTU). It's off to the vet for me! I tried to protest, and I put up a good fight about being put into the PTU, but with both Mom AND Dad fighting against me, they managed to shove me inside. While I often holler a lot in the car, this time I decided not to waste my breath because I've come to learn that it's a futile effort.
Once at the vet, appropriately named BATTLEFIELD Animal Clinic, we were greeted by Gypsy the office manager and receptionist. She turned to say something to a fellow staff member just as Mom snapped her picture.


See next post for a continuation, since Blogger is being uncooperative and won't let me post more pictures here.

~Jake

8 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 1:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my....thay put yoo in the PTU!! We nevur knew that's what it was called. This sownds horruble!! Were going to scroll down to reed the rest!

 
At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 4:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gypsy looks like a very good office manager!

 
At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 8:33:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow ... dat wuz kwite a vizit to da vet'z office. thanx fer da blow by blow descripshun. i reelee liked da pikshurz, too.
gypsy iz verree attractiv. do u know her purrsonallee? iz she a nice resepshunist ... or one uv doze hoo jus izzen't intrested?

 
At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 8:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps--i think i'm havin trubbel wid postin pikshurz on da noo blogger, too. do u hav sum advice?

 
At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 11:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes, they took yer BLOOD! You were very brave. I am glad yer blood came back with good results. And I think oil in the food sounds GOOD!

 
At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 6:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yikes! at least they gots good employees there. Hi Gypsy!

 
At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 9:41:00 PM, Blogger Jake and Bathsheba said...

Jeter, we haven't changed over to the new Blogger yet, but we periodically have problems posting photos. We get the "done" message and it says the photo has been added, but it's not there. Maybe things will be better in new blogger, but our secretary is nervous about any switch since she's not very tech-savvy.

As for Gypsy, she's very cute, but she's also very professional and all business. She doesn't date clients. Bummer.

~Jake

 
At Wednesday, January 31, 2007 4:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad to read that your bloodwork came back good and you only have to take half a pill per day. For a trip to the vet, it sounds like you had very little trouble. I know you hate to go, but it helps your beans keep you healthy and at least you finally got your breakfast.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home