Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tricky Tabby Tuesday

This morning Mom fed me my breakfast outside on the deck as usual. I get to sleep in the house despite my disdain for litter boxes, but the 'rents feed me outside to keep me out of 'Sheba's bowl. (She's a slow eater and I only try to help, but no one understands!) It snowed a little on Sunday so you can see a bit of snow on the deck where Dad didn't sweep it off. (I eat under the covered part of the deck, so my food dish stays dry.)





After breakfast, Mom came out to take a picture of me in the snow as I was walking around the yard before doing my business. As her dumb camera took too long to focus, I ducked behind the pyracantha bush and went under the shed out of camera range. That'll teach her for stalking me when I have business to attend to.

An opposum used to live under the shed, but he's gone now.








Darn that Mom! She captured me on film a few minutes later. I thought the coast was clear when I departed my hidey hole.
















Okay, that's enough. It's COLD out here! Let me in NOW.

~Jake


Best wishes to our friends Nelson LaPurr and Daisy the Curly Cat as they recover.

7 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 23, 2007 11:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yoo have evary rite to eat sheba's fud if she's a slow eatur. It's evary cat fur hurself!!

What happened to the opposum? Did yoo eat it?

 
At Wednesday, January 24, 2007 12:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just noticing what a lovely coat pattern you have, Jake - you look very exotic!

 
At Wednesday, January 24, 2007 4:08:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are great pictures! I finally know what snow is - we received the first snowfall of the winter here in Munich yesterday. I don't like it much because it's cold. You look quite comfortable and happy out in it!

 
At Wednesday, January 24, 2007 5:58:00 AM, Blogger mister jeter harris, hizself said...

deer jake ...
mi brudder whitey ford likes to eet "al fresco", too.
hoo iz "al fresco"?

 
At Wednesday, January 24, 2007 9:30:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lookin good Jake, yoo and Zippy reely share the doin the bizness outside thing. She only uses da boks in an emerjencee and den she gets mad about it. And for Bathsheba, YES! We should all join as many harems as possible, after all "gerls just wanna have fun".~Sadie, funny lady

 
At Wednesday, January 24, 2007 2:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Jake, it looks cold Out of Doors! You must have really thick feet so the snow doesn't freeze your paws.

Chase

P.S. Mrroww 'Sheba!

 
At Thursday, January 25, 2007 5:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

she tried ta take a picshure of you doin' yur bizzness? duzzn't ya get any privacy?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home