Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Bonnie's Meme - Jake's Turn

Now it's my turn! My Valentine DaisyMae Maus tagged me. (Thanks, DaisyMae.)

A. Name four places you have lived:
1. A townhouse in Centreville, VA where I was born.
2. My house with Mom and Dad.
3. The back deck of my house
4. That’s it! My life has been very stable.

B. Four things I love to watch
1. Birds
2. Squirrels
3. Butterflies in the summer
4. Mom when she's making food.

C. Four places I have been outside my home
1. In the yard and outside our fence!
2. The Vet
3. Grandma and Grandpa’s old house (where Mom grew up)
4. The nursing home where grandma is now.

D. Four websites I visit daily
1. DaisyMae Maus – she’s my lovely Valentine
2. Skeezix
3. Daisy the Curly Cat
4. As many cat blogs as I can

E. Four of my favorite foods.
1. Most flavors of Fancy Feast except some of the sliced varieties (though I will eat them all)
2. Temptations, of course! And I’ve started horning in on Mom’s bedtime Temptation ritual with Bathsheba. I can hear that nightstand drawer and the crinkle of the package from all over the house.
3. Bathsheba’s food or any other crunchy cat food
4. Chicken
Do I have to stop at four? I like SO MANY things.

F. Four places I would rather be right now:
1. Lying on Dad’s legs as he stretches out on the sofa.
2. Lying on my throne in the cat/computer room.
3. In the refrigerator – as long as the lunchmeat and cheese drawer were open.
4. In front of my dish filled with food.

G. Four toys I have owned and played with:
1. Fishing pole toy
2. Crinkle ball
3. Catnip mouse (I need a new one, Mom!)
4. Feathers on a wand.

H. Four nicknames people call me
1. Jakie Boy
2. Little Man (I want to be BIG Man, but that would be Dad.)
3. Jakula
4. “The Baby” (I HATE this. It’s just because I’m the youngest in the house.)

I. Regarding catnip:
***Love it***
It’s nice.
Could take it or leave it.
Don't like it or can't have it.

J. Regarding cat grass:
Love it
It’s nice.
Could take it or leave it
***Don't like it*** or can't have it. (I like the REAL stuff that grows outside, especially those tasty clumps at the edges of the lawn. The crop isn’t very good this time of year, though.)

K. First things I buy after winning the lottery:
1. This is too hard. I would have to let Mom and Dad advise me since I’ve never had any money.

L. Four things I do besides eat sleep and litter box:
1. Cruise the Jake Highway outside.
2. Keep my deck safe from pesky raccoons.
3. Intimidate Bathsheba with just a look or a little pounce on her back.
4. Hang out on the deck with Dad.

M. Four things I want to do this summer:
1. Catch a squirrel.
2. Take a nap in the cool shade of a bush.
3. Hang out on the deck.
4. Visit a certain someone in San Diego.

N. My four most prized possessions that have limited value to anyone else:
1. My dirty cat bed out on the deck. (I don’t like it as much when Mom washes the cover. I also think my scent keeps Bathsheba out of it.)
2. My crinkle ball.
3. My torn up purr pads.
4. My luxuriously soft fur coat.

O. What I am going to do before tomorrow is over:
1. Eat at least two square meals, plus whatever else I can scrounge up or beg.
2. Sleep on top of Dad’s long legs.
3. Bother ‘Sheba.
4. Let Mom kiss and cuddle me and give her some purrs.

P.Which of the following is your favorite place to hide and play:
***paper bags*** (I LOVE empty cat food bags.)
plastic bags
boxes (These are fun too, but I have to go with the paper.)
Other (explain)

Q. Four other pets that Momma has had with me
1. Bathsheba (ugh!)
2. Wonderful Precious, a Maine coon
3. Zoe, Mom’s sister’s cat, who lived with us for a few weeks. She pretty much stayed in one room and didn’t bother us.
4. That’s it!

R. Four furiends I tag to respond:

Bubbles
Cocoa
George
of The Crew
Catzee

Bathsheba was right. That was exhausting!

~Jake

Labels: , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Monday, February 26, 2007 12:21:00 AM, Blogger Bonnie Underfoot said...

You an Victor haf a lot in common. Fanks fur playin!

 
At Monday, February 26, 2007 12:23:00 AM, Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

Wow, Jake, it's grate to learn so much bout you! Do you really get to go outside? It seems like such a BIG room! I've been readin the memes an I fink Temptations must be the Top Treat for Bloggin Cats. I agree, too that there are lots an lots of grate foods, specially whatefur the beans are eatin.
Purrs!

 
At Monday, February 26, 2007 2:47:00 AM, Blogger Karen Jo said...

I enjoyed reading your list, Jake. Wow! You have your own highway? That must be the coolest thing ever.

 
At Monday, February 26, 2007 4:55:00 AM, Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Terrific list Jake. :) I enjoyed learning more about you! Birds and butterflies are fun to watch. :)

 
At Monday, February 26, 2007 10:40:00 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

i'm the baby too - and i hates being called that too - Miles

 
At Monday, February 26, 2007 1:12:00 PM, Blogger Daisy said...

That is very sweet that you have been to the nursing home where yer grandma is.

 
At Monday, February 26, 2007 8:07:00 PM, Blogger Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Jake ... I cannot wait until you win the lottery and come to visit me in San Diego ... If I win first, I'll send you a first class ticket so you won't have to be "cargo."
DMM

 
At Tuesday, February 27, 2007 6:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

they calls me baby too an i duzzn't like it one bit! an plus i'z zactly the same age as Grr an Midnight so i duzzn't no why i'z smaller then they is.

i'z gonna do mine too but we gotta do a squillions post tomorrow so i'z gonna do mine soon.
Cocoa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home