Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Bonnie's Meme - Bathsheba

Rocky tagged me to participate in Bonnie's meme. Here are my answers:

A) Four places I have lived:
  1. Under a porch at a farm house in Fairfax that was totally encroached on by suburbia.
  2. Here in my house in Manassas, VA.
  3. On the back deck of my house in Manassas.
  4. In a place or places when I ran away two different times. It's a secret so I won't tell here either. I only ran away for a couple of weeks in the summertime.

B) Four things I love to watch:

1. Birds
2. Squirrels
3. Jake, but not because I LOVE to, but because I HAVE TO so he doesn't pounce on me.

4. Mom, when she dishes out my meals.

C) Four places I have been outside my home:

1. The woods behind our house.

2. The Vet where I have THREE STARS on my file because I am so ferocious.
3. The house where my grandma and grandpa used to live.

4. Around my neighborhood.


D) Four websites I visit daily:


1. Yahoo for my email.

2. Skeezix (of course!)

3. Bubbles and Mrs. B (Bubbles is my Valentine.)

4. As many of the jillions of great cat blogging sites as time and my secretary will let me.

E) Four of my favorite foods:
1. Science Diet Senior (I don't like Stinky Goodness.)

2. Temptations (any flavor).
3. Milk (Mom gives me a tiny taste every time she pours a glass for herself.)
4. Cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese (but NOT Swiss).

F) Four places I would rather be right now:

1. On Mom's bed.
2. On my kitchen chair with the comfy pad.

3. In the bathroom sink getting a nice drink of water from the faucet.

4. Just hanging out with Mom.


G) Four toys I have owned and played with:
1.Dangly strings.

2. Handmade crocheted catnip mouse (hey, Mom, maybe it's time to make more; it's been ages since that one!)

3. Bottletop caps - great hockey pucks.

4. Aluminum foil balls (but that was also a long time ago).

H) Four nicknames my staff have tried to assign me:

1. Sheba

2. Sheebie
3. Shebola

4. Badsheba (I don't like this one, but the others are okay.)

H) Regarding Catnip:
***Love it***
It's nice
Could take it or leave it
Don't like it or can't have it

J) Regarding Cat Grass:
Love it
It's nice
Could take it or leave it
Don't like it or can't have it (I'll occasionally nibble REAL grass that grows outside.)

K) First four things I'd buy after winning the lottery:
1. A new home for Jake - far from me!
2. A giant greenhouse so I can pretend I'm out in the garden even in the wintertime.
3. Whatever Mom wants because I love her very much.

4. ??

L) Four things I do besides eat, sleep, and litterbox:
1. Blog
2. Smack and hiss at Jake (Bonnie and I view our brothers the same way.)

3. Drink from the bathroom sink (Here Bonnie and I are also the same!).

4. Hang out with Mom.

M) Four things I want to do this summer:
1. Sleep in the sun out by the bushes.

2. Sleep in the shade out in the bushes.

3. Catch a wild animal. (I was quite the hunter when I was much younger.)
4. Help Mom in the garden.

N) My four most prized possessions that have limited value to anyone else:
1. My bottle caps.

2. My strings.

3. My extra toes.
4. My tortie and white fur coat.

O) What I’m going to do before tomorrow is over:
1.Eat crunchies for breakfast and dinner.
2. Hiss at Jake.
3. Greet Mom when she comes home from work late. (She has a long meeting tomorrow so she'll be late.)
4. Eat Temptations. (Mom has created a bedtime ritual of Temptations. She keeps them in her nightstand drawer.)

P) Which of the following is your favorite place to hide and play?
Paper bags
Plastic bags
**Boxes**
Other (please describe)

Q) Four other "pets" your staff have kept with you:
1. Jake, unfortunately for me

2. Precious, a wonderful Maine Coon kitty

3. Catarina, Jake's Mom, who stayed here a few weeks while we helped find her a home and before we knew she was pregnant.

4. Zoe, Mom's sister's cat, when she was between houses.

R) Four furiends I tag to respond:

I think just about everyone has been tagged, but, if not, we'll include the all-purpose:

Anyone else who wants to play!

Whew! This was long and exhausting! I need a nap.

~Bathsheba

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At Sunday, February 25, 2007 10:13:00 PM, Blogger Tara said...

Hey Badsheba, great list..hehe.
Tara

 
At Sunday, February 25, 2007 10:25:00 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

I wanted to thank you and Jake for leaving a message about my brother. We were very touched by your words.

 
At Monday, February 26, 2007 12:13:00 AM, Blogger Bonnie Underfoot said...

Badsheba sounds a bit like Bonster. Hey, we haf a lot in common! Foil balls were MY favorite toy, too, years ago. It's good to train the staff in Temptations rituals. Fanks fur playin!

 
At Monday, February 26, 2007 2:51:00 AM, Blogger Karen Jo said...

I enjoyed reading your list, Bathsheba. If you want to teleport over this summer, we usually have some gophers that we would be happy for you to catch.

 
At Monday, February 26, 2007 1:14:00 PM, Blogger Daisy said...

I like the name Badsheba too! Maybe I can be Badaisy.

 
At Monday, February 26, 2007 7:36:00 PM, Blogger Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

I don't like stinky goodness either! We are perfect for each other. I haven't had time to post my meme yet, but maybe tomorrow. The Dobby-Madness family take all out blog-time. *sigh*

 
At Monday, February 26, 2007 8:06:00 PM, Blogger Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Great list, Bathsheba ... I didn't know that you didn't like stinky goodness. R U sure you're a cat?
DMM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home