Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Thursday Thirteen - Edition Nine

It's a little late in the day, but we couldn't let the day pass without listing

13 Ways We Like to Annoy Mom or Dad:
  1. Beg to be let out by frantically scratching on the sliding glass door only to beg to be let in 30 seconds later. (I gotta keep them on their toes! ~ Jake)
  2. Pee on the grill cover on the deck. (I have to let the other animals know that the deck is MY territory. ~ Jake)
  3. Keep backing up when you're blowing chunks and they want to catch them with a newspaper or paper towel. (Making a mess is part of the deal! ~J&B)
  4. Bite their fingers when they give you tasty treats. (Hey, we're excited, it's nothing personal! ~J&B)
  5. Scatter your kibbles around the floor as you eat. (What can I say? ~Bathsheba)
  6. Beg at the table. (So what's wrong with that? Who can resist my cute face? ~Jake)
  7. Stand really close when they're working in the kitchen. (Just dare them to trip over you. ~J&B)
  8. Scratch on the floorlength mirror in the bedroom to get them to get up and feed you on the weekend. (I don't believe in sleeping in. When I'm hungry, I think my servants should feed me right away. ~Jake)
  9. Lie in the middle of the hall or stairs so they have to step over you to pass. (They're lucky I grace this place with my presence. ~ Jake)
  10. Jump in their laps and purr and snuggle when you know that they were just about to get up and do something else. (They need to keep their priorities straight. Nothing is more important than I. ~Jake)
  11. Hunt birdies. (They SAID that we could go after the starlings. How are WE supposed to know the difference between a songbird and a starling? ~J&B)
  12. Scratch, scratch, scratch and make the fur fly. (Why wouldn't they be pleased with a little cat hair on everything? ~J&B)
  13. Wrestle with each other and let out blood curdling cries. (At least we don't do this as much as we used to! ~J&B)

Maybe some other time we'll list things that Mom and Dad do that annoy US!

~J&B

12 Comments:

At Thursday, January 04, 2007 9:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a vary good list! It gave me sum ideeyas! Thanks!

 
At Thursday, January 04, 2007 9:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool list. I can relate to #13. When LT pounces on Bubbles, he (Bubbles) lets out a scream as if LT is killing him.

 
At Thursday, January 04, 2007 11:01:00 PM, Blogger mister jeter harris, hizself said...

allotta doze thingz ar wayz dat i like to annoy mi mom an dad.
thank u fer sharin!
luv--yer grate frend--jh

 
At Thursday, January 04, 2007 11:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hah, we need way more than 13 to list the beans annoying habits. After all, they're only human.

 
At Thursday, January 04, 2007 11:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the "blood-curdling cries!"

 
At Friday, January 05, 2007 4:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great list! Those are wonderful ways to annoy humans! Sadly, I don't get to hunt birdies - I just get to watch them since I'm in indoor-only cat.

 
At Friday, January 05, 2007 5:23:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahaha! That is a good list. I like to do number 3 also!

 
At Friday, January 05, 2007 1:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so identify with number 8.

I've never tried scratching the mirror but I do sit next to HER head and purr very loud or I just cry out..."Raow"

She gets the message.

 
At Friday, January 05, 2007 6:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we do #10 ALL THE TIME

 
At Friday, January 05, 2007 7:50:00 PM, Blogger Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

hehehe #8 is a good one. I just keep walking all ofurr them so thay can't go back to sleep. #3 is not so good furr me cuz if I'm going to frow up, I make a noyze furrst and dad comes running an picks me up an holds me ofurr the toilet. I'm allus afrayed that one day he'll drop me.

 
At Friday, January 05, 2007 9:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a very good list. I well remember about not sleeping in on the weekends. Of course, once the kitty was fed, I could go back to bed and she didn't care, usually.

 
At Saturday, January 06, 2007 11:55:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great list I do a couple of them myself.
Yet if I listed all the things mom does that annoy me. There wouldn't be enough room...lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home