Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Friday, September 08, 2006

What's This About the Vet?

I was all relaxed and sleeping when I first got wind of it . . .



Bathsheba read about Skeezix's trip to the vet and then told me that I was next! She had heard Mom make an appointment for me on Saturday morning! And they are going to draw blood. It's all because of my dumb hyperthyroidism and the pills I have to take. The doctors say they have to check my blood to make sure I'm getting just the right amount of medicine.

I've tried to convince Mom that I'm all better. Really. The furry spots on my tummy are all growing back:

Yes, I know that I licked all my fur off my tummy before anyone knew I had an illness, but I was just trying to make myself super clean. I've mellowed out again--and I don't need the anxiety this impending vet visit is causing me. I might just start licking myself out of sheer worry.

Nevertheless, wish me well tomorrow because Mom says that I have no say in the matter; I'm going to the doctor. Sigh.

Love,

~Jake

4 Comments:

At Saturday, September 09, 2006 10:39:00 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

oh no, Poor Jake - good luck at the v-e-t.

 
At Saturday, September 09, 2006 11:58:00 AM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Hope things went well for you today. Purrs.

 
At Saturday, September 09, 2006 12:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a cute spotty tummy - don't lick the furries off it! good luck at the V-E-T. we hopes all goes well

 
At Saturday, September 09, 2006 10:46:00 PM, Blogger Jake and Bathsheba said...

Jake, your picture makes me think of a book Mom has that's written by Kliban, somethink like "How to Tell a Cat from a Meatloaf."

~Bathsheba

 

Post a Comment

<< Home