Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

It's My Turn

Don't be fooled by that "poor little Jake" who has to take awful medicine for the rest of his life. He just loved all the extra attention he got from Mom and Dad when he had to start taking it. Like he even admitted in his motto on Catster , it's all about him. He's so selfish and self-absorbed. He plays up his good looks for all they're worth. With his big eyes, extra long white whiskers, and silky soft striped fur, he just has to look at Mom and Dad and he always gets what he wants or is forgiven for his errant behavior. Sorry I sound bitter, but sometimes it's hard to live in the same house where they're always telling him how beautiful and handsome he is.

I don't want the extra attention from taking pills. Like a lot of my wonderful new friends, I don't do drugs. A couple of times I was supposed to take antiobiotics and I gave Mom a really hard time. She has the scars to prove it. She thought that she could wrap me in a towel, pry open my mouth, drop in a pill, clamp my mouth shut, massage my throat, and wait a few seconds, but I was a master at her game. Once she released me, that pill would shoot far out of my mouth. A few times I would take pity on her and swallow it because she would be reduced to tears, but a cat has to stand on her principles.


I've written enough, and I'm getting tired. Here's a picture of my favorite nap spot, one of the kitchen chairs. It's nice and dark under the table here.

See how big my paw is! Maybe I'm related to those famous Hemingway cats.



Here's a close up of my paw.

Night, night.

Love,
~ Bathsheba

5 Comments:

At Thursday, August 31, 2006 11:11:00 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

you haf beautiful paws Bathsheba. and you look furry comfortable in your nap chair.

 
At Thursday, August 31, 2006 11:35:00 PM, Blogger Jake and Bathsheba said...

Thank you, Meezer kitties. I always seemed to live in Jake's shadow, but my blog friends have really boosted my self-esteem. I feel pretty, oh so pretty . . .

Love,
~Bathsheba

 
At Saturday, September 02, 2006 5:32:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Boy, I know whut yoo meen, 'Sheba. My wite rat bruther Skeezix is totully self absorbd. It suks. Like rite now, ALL I EVER HEER ABOWT IS HIS STOOPID STOOPID BERTHDAY PARTY. Like big woop. Yoo look like a very dignifide lady and yer paws are awesum.

 
At Sunday, September 03, 2006 11:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooh - great paws! extry purrty!!

 
At Tuesday, September 05, 2006 9:55:00 PM, Blogger Jake and Bathsheba said...

Maobert, I hope you are flirting with me because I think you're very dignified and wise.

And thanks for the compliment, Grr, Midnight and Cocoa.

Love,
~ Bathsheba

 

Post a Comment

<< Home