Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Who's Minding the Deck?

'Sheba may think she's so clever by hiding in the jungle, but I know where she is, and I can pounce on her any time I want. I just feel like sleeping in the garden right now:





No, those aren't snakes. They're actually something worse. Mom calls them "soaker hoses" and when they're turned on, they make my nice sleeping spot ALL WET. Gross!


Well, I wanted to tell you all about my deck. Since it is MY deck and not Bathsheba's! I usually sleep out there because someone has to protect the place from all the vicious animals that come in the night.

Just last week a big ol' coon came on my deck. Unfortunately, I was away prowling at the time. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it.) Well, this coon had the audacity to wash his filthy paws in my nice clean water dish. (It even has my name on it!) Then he must have sniffed in my food dish, but I'm real good about cleaning my plate; I don't leave any crumbs! Well, that must have made him mad because he proceeded to take his muddy paw and made a paw print right in the middle of my dish. When Mom saw it the next morning at breakfast, she scrubbed and sanitized it real good. She didn't want me to get any coon germs! But she destroyed the evidence! She should have been like the CSIs and at least taken a picture of it before she erased the evidence. And now you all might not believe me that I have this vicious coon after my food. But it's true, and I'll make Mom take a picture if he ever dares to show his face on MY DECK again.

And while I'm at it, let me explain why I eat out on the deck. I think it's because Mom loves me extra special and wants me to eat al fresco out on the veranda, but mean old Bathsheba says it's because Mom is trying to keep me away from her food so she can eat in peace. I must admit that when we're fed side by side, I eat real fast so I can help 'Sheba with hers. Isn't everything for me?

~ Jake


9 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 2:26:00 AM, Blogger Rosie & Cheeto said...

Hey, check owt skeezix and my blog...yer famous and it wont be long befour kitties will come flocking to check out yer blog and hear more abowt yer jungle eggsperiences!

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 10:53:00 AM, Blogger Carolina Cats said...

Skeeezix tolld us abowt you so we came to see yore blog! It's furry nise and we like yore jungle dek. We don't get to go owtside and it's sad. Buddy is trying to make mom bild him a howse or fensed yard so we can go owtside.

WElcome to the Cat blogOsfeer and come by and see us sometime!

Finnegan & Buddy the 2CarolinaCats

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 10:56:00 AM, Blogger Skeezix the Cat said...

Wow. That soaker hoze looks ixaktly like a snake. Do yoo think they'll make a moovey, "Soaker Hozes on a Plane?"

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 11:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meow!this is grate!I try to go outside but mommy wont let me becuz Im 2 butiful!(sofie)Toby says he really misses having too ears and Grandma!

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 2:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we're furry glad ta meet you, fanks ta Skeezix tellin us ta come here.
we wants ta know, who is Al Fresco an why's yur mom want you to eat him? an can we call yur sister Sheba, on account of the first part of her name is a purrty scary werd?

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 5:02:00 PM, Blogger Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

We heard about your blog from Rosie & Cheeto. We added you to our links and our new blogs section.
Looks like you are having lots of fun in the wide outdoors.

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 6:44:00 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

Hi! Skeezix sent us to see you - nice to meet you and welcome to the blogsphere! Come and visit us when you have a chance

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 9:04:00 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Jake, my mom says you look like a marble cake! I don't think she meant you look like an actual cake, but who knows. I think she thinks way too much about food.

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 10:45:00 PM, Blogger Jake and Bathsheba said...

Thanks, everybody, for the kind words and all the publicity!

At first Mom thought that she would make us indoor kitties, but once we had a taste of the great outdoors, we could never be content inside only. We know there's lots of danger out there, but we thrive on it. We're happy to share our outdoor adventures with our indoor buddies.

Yes, you can call me Sheba for short, but what's wrong with the word bath? As long as it doesn't involve water, don't most of us like baths?

~ Bathsheba

 

Post a Comment

<< Home