Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Friday, November 16, 2007

Foliage Friday

The weather has turned sharply colder and we've had some brisk winds. The leaves are falling fast now. We haven't been able to blog much lately because Mom has been very busy with work. Last night she didn't get home until 10:30 p.m. While I miss her when she works late, I think that it's good for her to stay busy right now.
Before the leaves are all gone with the wind, I thought that I'd share some of our fall foliage. Here's a shot of our dogwood tree as I can view it from the chair at the front window.

And here's a view of it from the street.
This is a view from the small upstairs bathroom window. It's the only window on this side of the house. The yellow leaves belonged to a hickory tree a few days ago, but by now it has lost most of its leaves.


This is from the same window slightly panned to the left because the hickory is nearly bare today. The brightly colored leaves belong to an amelanchier, known as a juneberry or serviceberry tree. The color is slightly off in this photo since the leaves are more orange than red in real life.

Mom will have to get busy this weekend and rake leaves. If it is not too windy, I think that I will join her as I did last weekend. Unless she gets out some noisy power equipment, I like to be with Mom when she gardens.





Jake and I both are purring for Mr. TF because we really need him to get better.
Purrs,
~Bathsheba

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At Friday, November 16, 2007 10:28:00 PM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

It's good dat yoor mom keeps bizzy, but she should take some time for herself too.

 
At Friday, November 16, 2007 11:56:00 PM, Blogger Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Those are some furry gorgeous fall leaves that you have. We don't get furry many kinds of trees here that change their colors for the seasons, 'cuz we really don't HAVE seasons in San Diego ... Our avocado tree an' peach tree just dump their leaves on the ground when they're finished with 'em.

Thanks for sharing your leaves with me, Jake.

Smooches!
DMM

 
At Saturday, November 17, 2007 12:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like it's getting colder there!

We are purring for Mr. TF also.

 
At Saturday, November 17, 2007 1:36:00 AM, Blogger Kimo and Sabi said...

Beeyooteeful!

 
At Saturday, November 17, 2007 6:18:00 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

You have some very beautiful trees. None of our trees ever change colors. Maybe if you get big winds, all the leaves will blow away and your mom will not have to rake them? I do not know how that works.

I am purring and purring for Mr. TF, too.

 
At Saturday, November 17, 2007 3:32:00 PM, Blogger Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We haf colory tree leafs in our back yard, and they are all fallin too. But The Big Thing doesnt rake them up (well he uses a rake to pull them out from around plants). But he mows them and turns them inta little shreds to feed the grass. That's good, cause we like the grass (its soft t roll in).

 
At Saturday, November 17, 2007 7:20:00 PM, Blogger Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Those are pretty colours of the leaves. Our mum's been raking lots of leaves lately, and if she doesn't put them in the wheelbarrow quick, we jump in them and scat them everywhere again.

 
At Saturday, November 17, 2007 9:46:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I do not like it when My Lady works a lot. It makes me mad.

 
At Saturday, November 17, 2007 11:05:00 PM, Blogger MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Dearest Jake and Bathsheba! I hope you and your mombean are well right now. the wonderful trees around your house should make you feel all magical this time of year! Very pretty! I hope you do not think me too ungracious of a kitty for taking such a long time to return your visit. You can only imagine how happy I was to see you come cheer me on while I was so very sick. Mommy was heartbroken and thought for sure I would not regain any of my spirit and was prepared for the worst. But I was worth a small miracle. With your purrrayers and some good medicine, I have regained my strength day by day. Mommy would not have made it through her worries about me without your comfort. Each night we keep you in our prayers and wish you endless Blessings this Thanksgiving season.
Love and hugs from our house to yours, Miss Peach and the mommy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home