Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Appreciation

This is Jake and Bathsheba’s Mom, and I want to thank Jake for his recent assistance.

I have been a member of Toastmasters for a couple of years now. I’m part of a wonderfully diverse club that meets where I work. For those of you who have never heard of it, let me explain that it is a public speaking organization. I am terrified of public speaking and believed that this fear was holding me back professionally. I knew that public speaking was something I needed to improve, and I decided that it was time to set out to work on it.

Just a few days ago, I was scheduled to deliver a speech incorporating “vocal variety.” I toyed with a couple of topics, but none really embodied the speech objective. Taking Jake to the vet last Saturday and helping him write about it on his blog gave me an idea: have JAKE deliver the speech and tell about the vet experience from his perspective. Jake was a lifesaver. He presented a very entertaining and humorous seven-minute speech. I was nervous as a cat before he gave the speech, but he went all out during the presentation. Thank you, Jake, for developing a cute and clever speech, and thank you even more for delivering it for me!

Public speaking will never come naturally to me, and I will always be nervous, but I do see
progress!

~J&B's Mom


EXTRA! EXTRA! A Contest of Sorts!

We are quickly approaching the milestone of our 100th post. Rather than a "guess the date" contest, we decided that we will award the first cat to comment on that post with two prizes: a gift certificate to Petsmart, or other national chain, and a donation to the charity of that cat's choice.

We enjoy doing this blog, but we know that we cannot aspire to be in the top tier of cat blogs. We appreciate our regular corps of visitors, and we love to visit as many cat blogs as we can, but it is very time-consuming. Mom has a demanding full-time job and sleep is becoming a precious commodity. We marvel at those of you like Skeezix, Daisy, Lux, Dragonheart, and others who post daily on such creative, interesting, and technogically innovative blogs. How do you do it?

~J&B

9 Comments:

At Friday, February 02, 2007 11:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI you two! We don't know if we have ever visited but we must have if you already have 200 posts! We've seen your names around the blogosphere. Kitty adventures always make for good stories!!

 
At Saturday, February 03, 2007 1:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

our Lady's terrified of public speaking too. actually she's terrified of strangers period. about the only way she can make friends is through us. anyway, I wanted ta let you know that I do snuggle, but only with my sister Midnight and with the Blonde Girl. I won't voluntarily touch Cocoa except to bop him on the head, even though we're from the same litter and all.
Grr

 
At Saturday, February 03, 2007 6:57:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mi mom wuz sittin in a conference da udder day an da leeder sed da followin:

Please introduce yourself and share something interesting.

mi mom sed da followin:

I'm Roberta and my new cat Matsui has finally come out from under the bed.

we alwayz giv 'em sumthin to talk abowt. mi mom sed dat evreebuddee laffed at dat one.

 
At Saturday, February 03, 2007 1:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could have heard Jake's speech. I like visitin' yer blog! Here is my secret: I let Pixie help sometimes!

 
At Saturday, February 03, 2007 3:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roberta:

I hope you are in a job where being considered a bit eccentric is a positive, or at least neutral. Otherwise you may start getting weird looks in the halls. :)


dan

 
At Saturday, February 03, 2007 9:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's grate! Jake yoo shuld start charging yer lady to use yer intellectshual brane...purrhaps eggstra temptayshuns!

Oh yeaaa, anothur grate contest fur anothur grate cawse!! That's Jake and B'Sheba...this sownds fun. We're going to be hownding yer blog evary howr...ok, maybe not, but we are still going to check oftun!

 
At Saturday, February 03, 2007 10:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, yer a "top tier" blog in owr book! We are vary sellective at the blogs we check all the time and yoo kitties are up thare at the top of owr selective list!!!

 
At Thursday, February 08, 2007 7:31:00 AM, Blogger Lilly Lu, Iris and Maxwell Mufsa Millon said...

Oh my mama a member of toast masters. She just finshed her 10th speech she gave it on why to adopt a shelter cat. she was very convising the next week at the shelter she worked at a member and her daughter came in and adopted a 2 year old cat. My mama joined becuse she often asked to give speeches about her school since she head of toddlers and they very uninque place and she hated talking in public


Lilly Lu

 
At Sunday, February 18, 2007 1:41:00 AM, Blogger Skeezix the Cat said...

I wood just like to know how Daisy manajes to post a comment on evry singul cat blog in existense: and she's often the vary ferst one to post! I feel bad abowt not viziting all the blogs more often, but if I did that, I woodn't have time to shop for kyoot owtfits on the innernet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home