Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Bloodwork Part II


We took a seat in the empty waiting room.












When it was our turn, Mom took me into the examining room where they weighed me. I still think I'm a BIG Man Cat, but I weigh just under 12 pounds. Before I got this hyperthyroidism, I once weighed 13.6, but Mom said that was too fat for me.








THEN the worst happened. The technicians took my blood. I was a big man and didn't cry, but it helped that I had a good tech who only stuck me once. The doctor came in to examine me and talked with Mom about me. Mom told him that Dad thought that I had fleas since I scratch so much. Mom disagreed. The doctor, seeing no flea evidence, but lots of dry skin, decided that was what was making me itch. I now have some oil to take with my food once a day. I haven't decided yet if I like it.

Mom held me in her arms - I like that - as we awaited the blood test results. Good news! I'm doing great, and I just have to continue my half a pill twice a day. Yay!

After paying the bill, where Gypsy seems to be in charge of the credit card machine, I was anxious to leave because the waiting room was filling up with dogs.










Finally, I was compensated for my troubles with a big late breakfast at home.

~Jake










Jake, you are such a wuss! So many of our friends have had much more serious illnesses and experiences at the VET, but, no, it's all about you here! Hey, I didn't get fed breakfast until after you were gone. And why has Mom let you take over OUR blog lately?! I'll have to have a serious talk with her.

~Bathsheba

7 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 1:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh 'Sheba, Jake had a ruff day today! Did yoo see thowse pickturs?!?!?! He's obviously not a happy camper (but were soo impressed he didn't squirm on the scale.

 
At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 3:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yoo have a PINK PTU????? That is SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 4:24:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all went well at the vet. You are definitely a manly cat not to cry out when they took your blood!

 
At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 10:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Jake, the vet is no fun even if it does make us feel better. I think the worst part is no food! Then getting my temperature taken...I really don't like that.

Be nice to Jake Bathsheba! He had a rough day. My mommy always says that even though someone else will always be hurting more, when it's your own pain, you shouldn't be ashamed to cry a little.

 
At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 11:00:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS Gypsy looks awfully compe-tant. Mommy wants her to come work with her!

 
At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 11:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, don't worry about your weight! I weigh 12.7 lbs and I'm still a very Big Man Cat myself. Its all in your presence and you've got plenty. My favorite way to pay them back for removing my blood is to "leave them two days of stool sample" as the tech once said. Ah...payback is sweet.

Hey gorgeous 'Sheba!!! ;)

Chase

 
At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 6:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we're glad you got good blood, but we're sorry you gotta be stabbed ta find that out. it looks like you behaved very well though. duz ya get Temptations fur that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home