Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Jake Therapy

A few weeks ago I mentioned that Grandma was in the hospital. Well, she's now in a health and rehab center to build up her strength so she can return to her assisted living apartment. I read that Grr, Midnight, and Cocoa helped their lady recover from the flu, so Mom and I thought that some "Jake Therapy" might help Grandma. Unfortunately, that meant I had to get into the prisoner transport unit and ride in the car for nearly half an hour. I didn't protest too much about getting in because Mom put some catnip on the towel on the bottom of the unit. It made me mellow and I didn't yowl.

Well, here I am outside the center:

My unit looks very small next to the sign for the center. It's a new place, so the trees are just sticks in the ground right around the building.

Here I am on Grandma's bed next to Judy, her little stuffed cat:


When you pet Judy, she will meow, open her eyes, and move her head. If you pet her long enough she makes a sound like a purr. At least I didn't have to share Grandma's roast beef scraps with Judy.

Grandma was very glad that I visited. I hope she gets better soon.

~Jake

10 Comments:

At Sunday, October 29, 2006 10:50:00 PM, Blogger Rosie & Cheeto said...

That is soooo grate of yoo Jake. Its gud to hear that Judy was nice to yoo. Sumetimes when yoo entur into anothur cats home thay can get meen. Judy seemed vary calm and quiet frum the picktur.

 
At Monday, October 30, 2006 12:14:00 AM, Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

That was furry nice of you to go visit your Grandma. I bet you made her day!

Patches

 
At Monday, October 30, 2006 1:35:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Jake, if yoo need a nurse owtfit, I've got one. Yoo did good, there, bro. Nice werk!

 
At Monday, October 30, 2006 1:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! Kitty Therapy makes efurryone feel better. ya did good!

 
At Monday, October 30, 2006 4:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Jake you are so sweet to help your Grandma recover. We hope she will feel better soon.

 
At Monday, October 30, 2006 4:57:00 PM, Blogger Fat Eric said...

Awwww, what a great idea. I bet your grandma was sooo pleased to see you and felt a lot better. It was nice of the place to let you come and visit her.

 
At Monday, October 30, 2006 5:23:00 PM, Blogger Meowers from Missouri said...

what a good kitty you are, jake! some kitty-purrin' and nuzzlin' can go a long way towards makin' beans feel weller!!

 
At Monday, October 30, 2006 7:04:00 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Very good that you gottted to go and do your therapy. Hope Grandma gets home soon.

 
At Monday, October 30, 2006 10:11:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Hendrix said...

What a sweet idea Jake. Warm purring kitties are the bestest medicine.

 
At Tuesday, October 31, 2006 1:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jake, so are so nice to visit your Grandma. I kno she liked to see u, and pettin cats is reel good for people who are sick. I wish I got to meet my Grandma but she lives reel far away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home