Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I'm Always Thirsty

Water bowls are boring. The water doesn't move. The water just sits there. I like lots of water to drink, and I want it moving. Mom says that I'm the "drinkinest" cat, but I'm just thirsty. I have a little routine with her. I greet her at the front door when she comes home from work, then she feeds me (and my brother). After dinner, I lead her upstairs to my favorite drinking fountain. I have her trained to turn it on. Here are some pictures Mom took of me last week:

















Mmm, very refreshing.






Mom says that she could buy me a water fountain at the store, but I'd rather that she pay attention to me and give me a drink whenever I ask. I also wish she'd stay by the fountain the whole time I'm drinking (yes, I do drink a lot) because it's not my job to turn off the faucet. Sometimes she gets very upset with herself when she finds that she's left the faucet on for an hour or more because she forgot to attend to me when I was finished. It's not my fault that she wasted the water.

Jake doesn't like to drink from my fountain, and he doesn't drink much at all compared to me. And no, I'm not a lush!

Do my friends like plain water dishes or fountains?

~ Bathsheba

10 Comments:

At Thursday, September 07, 2006 1:03:00 AM, Blogger Rosie & Cheeto said...

How cute. Yoo luk in charge of that fowntain.

We luv to drink frum the fowtain but yers is sooo much smallur than owrs. Owrs has a way for the watur to come from the sky too. We sumtimes see owr lady take off her fur (or whatevur it is that she wares) and splash the watur on her. Its funny...but a gud thing cause she NEVER licks herself like we do.

 
At Thursday, September 07, 2006 7:32:00 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

mommy says that the one who came before - ralphie - used to drink lots- but he was dia-be-tik.

you don't mind getting your pawsies wet in the fountain?

 
At Thursday, September 07, 2006 3:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you have your Mom so well trained. Bubbles and Mrs. B has to be satisfied with drinking out of a bowl. Poor kitties.

 
At Thursday, September 07, 2006 6:38:00 PM, Blogger KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

Missy Blue Eyes is infamous for her love of Dasini water. She knows a bottle of Dasini 100 feet away. She can hear a bottle open across the house. All water must be served to her in a "human" glass, however. Ice is a definite plus, especially if it is ** sigh ** frozen Dasini.

KC is a bit more flexible as a two-month old. However, I expect Missy to shape her tastes.

 
At Thursday, September 07, 2006 7:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we doesn't drink outta the sink like that but prolly cause our people aren't furry well trained. we has a bowl on the counter in the bafroom an we likes ta lay on the counter an drink. plus we has a fountain thingy on the floor by our food dishes in the kitchen. maybe yur momma should quit workin so she can stay home an help ya wif yur fawcet.

 
At Thursday, September 07, 2006 10:44:00 PM, Blogger Jake and Bathsheba said...

Meezer Kitties - no, I don't usually get my paws wet, and thank goodness I'm not diabetic. I usually start with a dry fountain--I don't like to get in after Mom has brushed her teeth or something.

Wow, Mom says that Missy must be more spoiled than I. She might want to audition for one of those Fancy Feast commercials.

Grr, Midnight, and Cocoa - I'd love for Mom to quit working, but I do have my other servant, Dad, home during the day since he works from home. He will turn on the water for me when I'm insistent.

~Bathsheba

 
At Friday, September 08, 2006 12:28:00 AM, Blogger Zeus said...

I'm not into the fountain, mostly because I don't like to get wet in the slightest. I also think it might have something to do with the fact that when I was a kitten, my human pet bathed me in the sink.

It's just not my thing. I'm sorry!

 
At Friday, September 08, 2006 7:40:00 PM, Blogger Millie said...

You would like this: http://catsinsinks.com/

 
At Friday, September 08, 2006 10:14:00 PM, Blogger Jake and Bathsheba said...

Millie, we saw the catsinsinks website as a link on Skeezix's site and we checked out a bunch of those cool pictures. Neither one of us likes to lie in the sink like those cats.

~J&B

 
At Sunday, September 17, 2006 10:15:00 AM, Blogger Petey said...

We are spoiled and have our own pet water fountain, right in front of the A/C. My sissyfur, Sooner, likes to get her drinks from the sink too. And we also have the indignity of drinking from the dog water bowl. UGH!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home