Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Our NOMSS Friend Professor Bernard Armstrong

We accepted Karl's challenge and sought out our very own "Not of My Species Special Friend." We found Professor Bernard Armstrong, a cute miniature schnauzer d-o-g who lives in the U.K. We picked Bernard because our mom used to have miniature schnauzers in her family starting when she was a young teenager. First there was Dapper (Dan), then Mitzi, then (Annie) Oakley. All three of them had to live with cats and loved them. Oakley lived with Toby, a meezer, who liked to play chase with her and who also liked to groom her. We love Bernard's floppy little ears; Mom's dogs all had docked ears and that was something that she did not like about the American standard.

Miniature schnauzers are fun little exuberant bundles of energy and very affectionate. We're very pleased to make Bernard's acquaintance and look forward to a long friendship.

~J&B

BTW, our Wordless Wednesday post requires a little explanation. I always eat my meals in the kitchen, and Jake dines out on the deck. Mom separates us because Jake is such a hog and would push me out of my food and eat it all up if he had the chance. I like to take my time eating; Jake likes to inhale his. Anyway, sometimes I do not feel like eating my whole dinner right away. On this occasion, I ate a few bites, then wanted to go outside. Jake was still eating his dinner, but I was too polite to try to nose in on his food. If you click to biggify the photo, you will see that the bowl on the left is a water dish with Jake's name on the inside.

~Bathsheba

Labels: , , , ,

12 Comments:

At Thursday, August 09, 2007 12:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel so much better that one of you was not being starved!

That looks like a lovely nomssf!

 
At Thursday, August 09, 2007 2:04:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jake and Bathsheba,

Thank you so much for linking to my site. I'm actually a little frightened of cats. They normally hiss at me if I go too close but you seem very nice.

Thanks again.

 
At Thursday, August 09, 2007 3:57:00 AM, Blogger michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

What a cute dog in U.K. thanks for introduce him~!

And thank you for explain the dinner issue for us, each cat has their each own habbit, I am glad you gether very well.

 
At Thursday, August 09, 2007 9:39:00 AM, Blogger Hot(M)BC said...

Your NOMSS friend seems like a great woofie. Yay for you finding a special NOMSS friend!
Purrrrrrrs,
Sanjee

 
At Thursday, August 09, 2007 9:57:00 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

Bernard is a very cute doggie. Thanks for introducing us to him.

Bathsheba, you are very polite not to bother Jake while he was eating. You are a true lady.

 
At Thursday, August 09, 2007 11:23:00 AM, Blogger LZ said...

That is a very good choice of a NOMSS friend! I know what you mean though Bathsheba, I don't always want to eat my food and I never eat quickly!

Kaze

 
At Thursday, August 09, 2007 4:04:00 PM, Blogger The Cat Realm said...

What a wonderful nomss friend! We went over and said hello, he seems very nice. You chose very good.
I am sure you will have a great frinedship with each other!
Thank you soooo much for accepting this Dare and giving it so much effort, I am really touched by all these new friendships evolving on the blogosphere!
Your friend Karl

 
At Thursday, August 09, 2007 7:50:00 PM, Blogger Bad Kitty Cats & Megan said...

Awww what a cute Woofie Bernard is! We are glad you made a new friend!

Purrs and Squinks

 
At Thursday, August 09, 2007 9:40:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary B❤️ said...

You two.... we love you. Co co operating like true brother and sister.

Bernard is a super nice doggie. We like him and he is kinda cute too... for a dog. Thanks for telling us about this special friend Miss B <3

Puuurrrrrs, Prinnie

 
At Friday, August 10, 2007 1:26:00 AM, Blogger Karen Jo said...

Bernard is a really cute woofie. I am sure that you will be great friends.

 
At Friday, August 10, 2007 11:56:00 AM, Blogger The Cat Realm said...

Are you aware that your nomss friend and our nomss friend are sharing their Rocking Guy Blogger award...??? It is such a small world!!!
Karl

 
At Friday, August 10, 2007 6:15:00 PM, Blogger Parker said...

I like Jake's bowl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home