Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Hot!

It has been so hot here lately. And so dry! Let me clarify that last point. I mean that there has been very little rain, because it has been humid. Despite an intense rainstorm yielding more than 2 inches of rain last Sunday, we're in the midst of a drought in our area this summer. Because Mom likes to keep our jungle garden nice, the water bills have been extraordinarily high. Some people who have not watered are losing nice little trees like dogwoods. The air conditioning has been running in our house, but we don't always like to sleep in air conditioned rooms. I especially like this plastic chair out on the deck because it has ventilation holes. Mom says that she doesn't like to sit on this chair when she's wearing shorts because she sticks to it when it's hot. I don't have that problem with my fur.

I wonder how my friend Kismet is enduring the hots this summer. He wrote about that last year when he lived in Brooklyn. That's about the time that we first started reading cat blogs. ~Bathsheba

I tend to like to sprawl out when I am hot. Our deck is cooler than a lot of other places because it has a roof over part of it, and the other part has a big maple tree growing through it to give it shade. With this drought we've been having, a lot of trees are losing leaves. You can see some of the maple leaves surrounding me. Not to worry though, I think my maple is in pretty good shape.
~Jake

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At Sunday, August 05, 2007 12:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can come visit us. It's not quite so hot here and there are lots of trees for shade too.

 
At Sunday, August 05, 2007 5:43:00 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

It is very hot and humid here too. We are only allowed to water one day a week because of the drought. Luckily we have started to get a little bit of rain.

Your deck looks like a great place to hang out! I hope you do not lose any of your pretty trees.

 
At Sunday, August 05, 2007 9:11:00 AM, Blogger Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

We are in a drought, too. The only ones enjoying it are the goats because they don't like getting wet at all! When it rains they go under the deck, and don't feel a drop of rain.
I have a pretty Maple Tree in my yard, too!

~Anna Sue

 
At Sunday, August 05, 2007 9:43:00 AM, Blogger Shilgiah the Cat said...

It's hot here in Albuquerque too...but everyone says it's a "dry heat". I don't really understand since we are also having what's called "monsoon season" and every late afternoon it pours down rain and there is very noisy thunders and flashy things in the sky.

Staying inside where there's air conditioning is a good thing.

 
At Sunday, August 05, 2007 10:57:00 AM, Blogger The Cat Realm said...

I Dare You...!
Come on over and check it out.
Karl

 
At Sunday, August 05, 2007 12:16:00 PM, Blogger michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

That is really hot, I see the hot on you. Luckly the wood floor and the chair also have spaces to let the wind blows in.

Drink more water, you are going to need it~!

 
At Monday, August 06, 2007 1:25:00 PM, Blogger Kismet said...

THE HOTS just got bad, Bathsheba. I am laying on my back and showing off my belly furs a LOT.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home