Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Thursday Thirteen - Foods

Thursday Thirteen: My 13 Favorite Foods

1. Chicken
2. Fresh salmon or other fish
3. Cheese
4. Turkey
5. Steak
6. Gravy
7. Fancy Feast – all flavors
8. Purina Cat Chow
9. Bathsheba’s Science Diet Crunchies (I think I like them because I can steal them from her.)
10. Fresh bread (still in the plastic wrapper)
11. Shrimp (no cocktail sauce, please)
12. Buttered popcorn (Dad throws pieces to me, but I still haven’t quite mastered the catch.)
13. Avocado or cantaloupe (I sometimes snag these from the rinds that are put in the compost pile outside.)

~Jake

Jake will eat almost anything, and he practically inhales his food. He is not discriminating enough for a cat. What cat will eat from the nasty compost heap! My list does not approach thirteen different foods, though milk and butter/margarine are tops on my list. Mom only gives me the tiniest taste of milk because she says she would not want to clean my litter box if I had as much as I would like. Maybe I need to make friends with a cow.

~Bathsheba

7 Comments:

At Thursday, November 02, 2006 5:44:00 PM, Blogger Skeezix the Cat said...

That's a long list, Jake. I don't have 13 faverit foods. Just Fancy Feest Sliced Turkey in Gravy and maybe vanilla ice kreem. And Wysong's Dreem Treets.

 
At Thursday, November 02, 2006 7:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hasn't ya tried Sheba Stinky Goodness That Ackshully Duzzn't Effun Stink At All, In Fact It Smells Rather Nice Per Our Lady? we highly recommend all flavors. oh, and ham and cream.

 
At Thursday, November 02, 2006 11:51:00 PM, Blogger Jake and Bathsheba said...

My list is incomplete. I can't be limited to just 13 favorites! Why, just tonight I was reminded how much I like pizza crust. And I do remember getting ice cream a long time ago. (Dad doesn't like to buy it and have it around because he really likes it and would gorge on it.) I also like butter and milk like Bathsheba. And I KNOW that I would like all the other brands of cat food, if I just had the opportunity to try them . . .

~Jake

 
At Friday, November 03, 2006 2:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bathsheba: That sentence you wrote about Jake eating almost anything and practically inhaling his food is me. Even to gobbling down my medication - I'm eating so fast I don't have time to realize it's even there! Last night I developed a taste for mashed potatoes, which Mom let me lick off her finger!

 
At Friday, November 03, 2006 12:16:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Hendrix said...

Wow, you gets all kinds of fun foods! You guys are so lucky, I haf a strict diet so I live vicariously through the ofur bloggy kitties. mmmmmmmmmmm fresh bread....pizzaaaa

 
At Friday, November 03, 2006 4:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mrs. B also just goggles up her food. And she will eat almost everything.

 
At Saturday, November 04, 2006 12:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love salmon too Jake.... an tuna. An chicken. An Ice cubes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home