Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Feetsie Friday


I'm one of those kitties with extra toes. It's called polydactylism. In Skeezix's weekend catblogging post, he noted that Jelly Pizza was showing off old lady kittie feets, so I HAD to show you mine.














Here's a close-up of my front paws:















And here you can plainly see my left paw just after Mom handed me a kitty treat:
















When I was a little kitten, Grandpa affectionately called me "Big Foot." Other people say that I have "mitten paws." I generally like having extra toes because the extra CLAWS come in handy around pesky Jake. The only thing I don't like is that it makes for a more challenging pawdicure.

Are there any other polydactyl cats in the blogosphere?

~Bathsheba

9 Comments:

At Saturday, November 11, 2006 4:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have extra toes, but your feet are awfully cute!!!

 
At Saturday, November 11, 2006 1:41:00 PM, Blogger Fat Eric said...

You have such cute toes! The most famous polypawed kitty in the blogosphere is probably Mittens over at The Calico Girls. But I think there are a few others - oh yes, Harper over at the Caturday site has extra toes too!

 
At Saturday, November 11, 2006 4:13:00 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Yes, Mittens of the Calico Girls is a polydactyly kittie too.

 
At Saturday, November 11, 2006 4:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW - you looks like a MAGIC cat

 
At Saturday, November 11, 2006 4:48:00 PM, Blogger Rosie & Cheeto said...

Wow, yoo must have a grate advantage when yoo are ressling the evil feevers!

 
At Saturday, November 11, 2006 5:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your mitten paws. I bet they are grate for catchin things and also fer balancing on ledges an stuff. An very cute too.

 
At Saturday, November 11, 2006 6:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's LOTS of extra toes! I'm surprised Jake messes with you at all!

I bet you're really good at putting the pounce on things!

And I think you're very pretty Bathsheba.

 
At Sunday, November 12, 2006 9:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At our cat shelter we had 2 cats named Lady Fingers and Big Foot with extra thumbs. I used to note their features to prospective adopters. They are sometimes called Ernest Hemingway cats. I always think of the Margaritaville song referring to Key West, Florida and the Hemingway cats.
Bonnie in Virginia

 
At Sunday, November 12, 2006 12:30:00 PM, Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Yes, I am a polydactyl. That is how I gotted my name Mittens Pollypaws. Glad to meet you! Fat Eri is right about Harper at Caturday.

Momma says we are lucky!!

Mittens

 

Post a Comment

<< Home