Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Man Cat Monday Adventure

When I'm outside, I don't like to be coddled by Mom. I have my Man Cat image to uphold after all. She followed me down to the bottom of the yard hoping to snatch me up and cuddle.
I jumped into the empty firewood stand (Mom doesn't feel like bothering with firewood and fires now that Dad is gone).

From there I decided to hop the fence into Mr. Stuff's yard. He has something called a "catch basin" in the easement between his yard and mine.



I like to explore around the catch basin.


And sometimes I like to jump in there! If it hasn't been rainy, it's not TOO wet down there. I can follow the sewer down to the creek, or I can go in the other direction and end up at the street gutter. I'm not going to let Mom baby me; a man cat's gotta have his independence.
~Jake



Labels:

12 Comments:

At Monday, November 19, 2007 1:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But don't wander too far! We would hate it if you got hurt or something!

 
At Monday, November 19, 2007 8:31:00 AM, Blogger Honey P. Sunshine said...

dats a scarree cave

 
At Monday, November 19, 2007 11:39:00 AM, Blogger LZ said...

Ooh...you're so brave! I don't think I could be that brave.

Chase

 
At Monday, November 19, 2007 11:57:00 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

Jake, you sure got some good places to explore! Just be very careful.

 
At Monday, November 19, 2007 5:06:00 PM, Blogger Shilgiah the Cat said...

That is a very scarey looking place. Please be very careful. Even big strong man cats need to stay safe and sound. Come home soon.

 
At Monday, November 19, 2007 10:37:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I understand how important it is to maintain the mancat image.

Signed,
The mancat in the baby blue tent with the pink mouse taking hot pink medicine.

 
At Monday, November 19, 2007 11:47:00 PM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Mom would have a fit if I went in da naybors yard and down into the sewer! She'd be furry acitable and panic and stuff. Mom's can be furry silly.

 
At Tuesday, November 20, 2007 6:30:00 AM, Blogger Parker said...

Please be very careful Jake. I hear sewer mice can get pretty big!

 
At Tuesday, November 20, 2007 9:56:00 AM, Blogger LZ said...

'Sheba, why would I be anything other than proud of your squirrel hunting skills? I WISH I could hunt those creatures that torment me. At least I know you've had some success. One got in our house when I was a kitten and I was too small to catch it.

Chase

 
At Tuesday, November 20, 2007 5:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoa - cool tunnel cave thing! all we've got is drain thingys in the curbs but there are GIANT raccoons livin' in 'em an we hear they're not friendly.

 
At Tuesday, November 20, 2007 10:19:00 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Aren't you just a little worried there might be something really icky in there, Jake?

 
At Wednesday, November 21, 2007 12:37:00 AM, Blogger Rosie & Cheeto said...

yoo are the bravust mancat evur, jake. I bet yoo see B-U-G-S in yer kul hideowt place. What a grate mancat munday powst. -cheeto

Bsheba- tell yer lady that fires are stupid anyways. Thay are onlie kul if yoo get to make smores on them. We like smores...minus the chokolut of corse. -rosie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home