Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Tabby's Tummy and Tortie's Tuesday

I know what you're thinking. Yes, I do complain that Jake is a Blog Hog. And here I have my big chance for center stage, and I turn away from the camera. Just chalk it up to my Tortitude. I don't like to be cooperative and "easy." At least you can see my tortie patterns in this photo. ~Bathsheba
In yesterday's Man Cat post, I mentioned that I sometimes lure Mom and Dad in with my tummy only to put the bitey on them. Actually, I don't always bite them. Sometimes I enjoy the petting and let them do so without incident. This way I keep the element of surprise for when I do launch a fierce attack. I keep them guessing-hehe.
Mom wanted me to point out the hairless area of my underbelly. With all due respect to Dragonheart, she doesn't want me to have a bald tummy, and she's a little worried about my compulsive cleaning. That was one of my symptoms of my hyperthyroidism when it was diagnosed last year. I have blood work scheduled for July 5, and I'm NOT looking forward to it. Still, it might show that I need a higher dose of meds.
~Jake

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 26, 2007 1:21:00 AM, Blogger Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

I was wonderin' about the lack of down on your tummy. Sparky Fuzzypants has been yankin' his fur out, too ... He only does it in the summertime, though.

I must say that your tummy is furry cute even without all of the down. It makes me wanna sneak up and blow bubbles all over that tummy ... hee, hee.

DMM

 
At Tuesday, June 26, 2007 10:18:00 AM, Blogger LZ said...

I know what you mean about the belly thing, the tuxie I posted about today is a compulsive belly groomer too.

Chase

P.S. Bathsheba, I like seeing your tortitude and fur, it makes you even more tantalizing.

 
At Tuesday, June 26, 2007 12:19:00 PM, Blogger Daisy said...

B'Sheba, your tortie furs are so pretty. And I like your dainty white feets, too.

 
At Tuesday, June 26, 2007 12:26:00 PM, Blogger ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

You still have a furry cute tummy...and it's cooler too without the furrs I bet!

~Abby

 
At Tuesday, June 26, 2007 3:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bathsheba, we love your tortie colors. Your fur looks like sunlight coming through shadows - very pretty!

psst...Jake - I wouldn't admit this to just anybody, so don't tell...okay? sometimes I let the Blonde Girl pet my tummy a little, and sometimes I let her put her cheek against my tummy, and I don't even draw blood. but only sometimes. not often. really.
Grr

 
At Tuesday, June 26, 2007 4:29:00 PM, Blogger Forty Paws said...

What a gorgeous tortie coat!!! Reno also has a pink, bare spot on his tummy from excessive grooming. We didn't know it could be caused by hyperthyroidism...

Luf, Us

 
At Wednesday, June 27, 2007 12:43:00 AM, Blogger Zoey and the furballs said...

What a lovely tortie tummy! I'm not sure about the over-grooming. We've never had that problem here before.

 
At Wednesday, June 27, 2007 7:55:00 AM, Blogger Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I haf a bald pink patch on my tummy too where I haf to keep washing all the time.
Bathsheba yoo haf got purrty tortie patterns.
Flynn

 
At Thursday, June 28, 2007 11:17:00 PM, Blogger feralone said...

They also overgroom when they are in pain. If his belly is sensitive when you press it, I hope you will take him to the vet to be checked out.

 
At Friday, June 29, 2007 2:03:00 AM, Blogger Jack, Persephone, Tenzing and Lancelot said...

But sometimes you have to turn away just to keep them guessing. 'Sides it annoys them and that's fun!!

~Persephone

 
At Friday, June 29, 2007 10:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have very lovely fur.I like to put the surprise bitey on my mom yet she doesn't like it.

 
At Friday, June 29, 2007 11:14:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary B❤️ said...

ooooh your tummy is sooooo floofy and pretty.

happy week-end
<3

 
At Saturday, June 30, 2007 11:04:00 AM, Blogger The Cat Realm said...

That is one gorgeous tummy!

 
At Thursday, July 05, 2007 3:21:00 AM, Blogger Skeezix the Cat said...

Good luk on yer blud werk tomorrow! I hope yoo start feelin' better!

 
At Thursday, July 05, 2007 3:23:00 AM, Blogger Rocky the Gutter Cat said...

Jake my frend, I wint in for more thyroid tests yesterday. I skratched and/or bit three peepul at the vets... I think that's a rekerd! I'll be purraying that both owr tests come owt okay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home