Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Saturday, June 09, 2007

COLLISION

This evening Mom and I had a head-leg collision in the kitchen. There I was, racing through the kitchen, when Mom abruptly decides to turn toward the refrigerator, and her leg gets right in the way of my oncoming head! Smash! It was awful. I didn't cry or anything (I AM a big mancat, of course), but, boy, did I see stars! Mom complained that her leg hurt, the impact was so hard. She hoped I didn't have a concussion or something. I just went into the living room behind the big chair and rested for a while.

When I came out and lay in the middle of the room, she came over to apologize and make a fuss over me. I'm okay, but I lay the guilt trip on her, and she had to give me some of the yummy salmon filet that she and Dad had for dinner. I think my head feels okay now, but don't tell her. I may be able to get a few extra treats out of this episode.

~Jake




I've learned that under the table is one safe place to be when Mom is preparing dinner.

~Bathsheba


P.S. from Mom: Jake, I'm very sorry that my leg obstructed your speedway tonight. I'll try to look both ways before crossing the kitchen the next time.

Also, Bathsheba painted a rather harsh picture of me in the previous post. I wouldn't give up on her in just a few months. I would just give up on an active search. If she were gone that long, I might figure that she found a new family to love. I would certainly think the best if no evidence to the contrary presented itself.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At Sunday, June 10, 2007 12:45:00 AM, Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

You need to be com-pin-satted for that horrible accident! Lots of temptations are in order.

Patches

 
At Sunday, June 10, 2007 12:55:00 AM, Blogger Zoey and the furballs said...

If your mommy doesn't hand over the loot (Temptations of course), you need to find a good purrsonal injury attorney. They could get you squillions of Temptations in compensation! Milk it for all it's worth! oooh milk... Mommy I want milk.

 
At Sunday, June 10, 2007 2:37:00 AM, Blogger Skeezix the Cat said...

Maybe as a precawshun yoo shood have Dokter Daisy look yoo over.

 
At Sunday, June 10, 2007 4:25:00 AM, Blogger Lux said...

I've had that happen to me, too, Jake - sometimes beans are just so ... well, like you said, in the way!

 
At Sunday, June 10, 2007 10:38:00 AM, Blogger The Cat Realm said...

You were right to put the guilt trip on her! She needs to look around better where she walks!
We sometimes do it on purpose, just playing around with the personal....

 
At Sunday, June 10, 2007 12:14:00 PM, Blogger Daisy said...

Jake, do you have a headache?!? Here is my prescription: Take 7 Temptations, and your Mom must also give you a head to tail massage. Then, she must kiss you right between the ears and say "I am sorry Jake!". This should cure you.

Oh, and I think B'Sheba also needs 7 Temptations.

 
At Sunday, June 10, 2007 10:13:00 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

I have collided with mum's legs a couple of times. The worst one was where my head hit her knee. We both were ok.

 
At Sunday, June 10, 2007 11:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Sunday, June 10, 2007 11:25:00 PM, Blogger MaoMao said...

Oopsie, sorry about the deleted comment! That was me but I messed up and used my sistur's account.

Wowie, it must be head leg kollizhun day -- I kollided with Momma today when I was spazzin' out. I kinda shook myself off and started spazzin' out some more, with momma chasin' after me sayin', oh MaoMao, I'm sorry, are you okay? and suchlike that. Well, I was fine, but it's always kinda fun to make your momma all fussy like that, isn't it? hehehe

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home