Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Seven Random Facts About Bathsheba

Willow and my cute boyfriendcat Bubbles tagged me for the seven facts meme several days ago. As usual, Jake always has to go first so I had to wait to post mine. Last night Mom was preparing for a big native plant sale today and didn't want to stay up late helping me to blog. She got up at 5 a.m. this morning for the 9 a.m. - noon sale. Her group made over $3,500, and leftover plants went to some schools for native plant gardens. Anyway, on to the meme . . . .

Seven Random Facts About me! Here are the rules for this meme ...Each player starts with seven random facts about themselves. Cats who are tagged need to write on their own blog about the seven things and the rules. You need to choose seven cats to tag and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment that they have been tagged and to read your blog!

Seven Random Facts About Bathsheba:
  1. I have extra toes on all of my paws. Some don’t retract as well as others, so when I walk on a bare floor, they click and you can hear me coming.
  2. My fur is not silky soft like Jake’s, but it is very thick. Mom calls it “plush.”
  3. I am named for Bathsheba Everdene, the main character in Thomas Hardy’s Far from the Madding Crowd. Mom read the book when she was in high school and really liked the name Bathsheba. She calls me Sheba or Shebie for short.
  4. I ran away from home on two different occasions when I was much younger. I was gone about 10 days to 2 weeks both times, which occurred in consecutive summers. Mom was frantic with worry and posted signs and called the local shelters. I emerged from the little woods behind our house, and Mom was out by the fence to greet me both times. I wasn’t really the worse for wear, since I was a mighty hunter. I never did tell Mom where I went, and I’m not going to confess here either.
  5. I have a ritual after meals. I go to the bathroom sink upstairs and ask Mom (or occasionally Dad) to turn on the water for me. I LOVE to drink out of that faucet. Mom thought that I would like a fountain of my own, so she asked Santa Claus to bring me one for Christmas. He did, but I refused to use it. After a few weeks of disuse, she repacked it in its box.
  6. I have a fierce reputation at the Vet’s. I know instantly when Mom is even THINKING of taking me there, and she has to chase me all over the house to put me in the prisoner transport unit. (There has been more than one occasion where she’s had to call and tell the receptionist that we’ll be a little late for my appointment.) Once in the examining room, I refuse to get out of my PTU and they have to pry my claws from the sides. I have hissed, scratched, and bitten people (including Mom) at the vet’s so I have THREE stars on my file. That’s a signal to the staff that they must don gauntlets to examine me. The vets complain that I growl so loud that they cannot listen to my heart.
  7. I hate to be picked up, but I will tolerate it occasionally by Mom since it seems to mean so much to her. I love her very much, but I’m just not a real cuddle bug.

Now I have to tag other kitties. Since most everyone already seems to have been tagged this late in the game, I will take the lead from some others that I saw and say that I tag any kitty that has not been tagged and would like to play.

Let's see if I get more comments than Jake on this one. So what if he has a long tail!

~Bathsheba

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At Sunday, May 13, 2007 1:17:00 AM, Blogger Tara said...

Oh Bathesheba, your are a kitty who know who she is! I'm proud of you!

It was hard choosing my favorite toy pictures, and although I love the whirly bird, Mom hasn't brought it out in a while, so I went with the toys I've played with recently. But you did remind me about it. Mooommm....

Tara

 
At Sunday, May 13, 2007 2:15:00 AM, Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Hi Bathsheba! I enjoyed learning more about you! I don't blame you for not wanting to get out of the PTU at the vet's. My PTU has an opening in the top so they can get me out.

 
At Sunday, May 13, 2007 6:37:00 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

Bathsheba, I never knew you had this wild side! You go, girl! I think having three stars in your file means you are special. I am proud of you.

 
At Sunday, May 13, 2007 9:08:00 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Number 6--I'm in awe, Bathsheba! Three stars!

 
At Monday, May 14, 2007 11:10:00 AM, Blogger LZ said...

Wow, you are fierce!! I purr at the vet and they can't hear my heart. I have always admired your extra toes!

Kaze

 
At Monday, May 14, 2007 3:51:00 PM, Blogger Willow said...

Wow, you do sound really fierce. Samantha who lived here before I did acted just like you at the vet. My Food Lady is sure that Samantha had at least 3 stars also. And like you, I don't like to be picked up either. That was a really good list!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home