Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Bathsheba's Thursday Thirteen

13 Reasons Why Mom Thinks I'm Losing a Step
  1. I don't like to go outside much any more. I used to practically LIVE outside when the weather was warm.
  2. When I do go outside, I've usually had enough in five minutes and want to go back in right away.
  3. I can't jump up directly to the bathroom sink for my water unless I jump on the toilet seat as a first step.
  4. I take a long time to eat my meals, and I usually leave some crunchies behind. (I'm trying to save some for later, but that brat Jake likes to gobble everything up.)
  5. I sleep a lot. (HELLO, I'm a CAT.)
  6. I have to have pawdicures by Mom now, but when I used to go outside more, I was self-manicuring.
  7. I don't always hear Mom coming. Just yesterday, she cost me one of my nine lives when she sneaked up on me and touched me. I nearly jumped out of my fur! She claims she didn't sneak up on me, but whom do YOU believe?
  8. When Mom tries to give me a piece of cheese, I don't always see it.
  9. I don't play "fetch" anymore. (That was too dog-like, anyway.)
  10. I get underfoot more.
  11. I don't even bother to beg when Mom and Dad eat dinner. I just sleep on my kitchen chair in the corner.
  12. I don't cooperate for blog photos. I guess that's why Jake has been such a blog hog--that little poseur.
  13. Hey, I'm almost 16 and a member of the Sweet Sixteens. Give me a break.

~Bathsheba



Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At Friday, June 01, 2007 12:21:00 AM, Blogger Zoey and the furballs said...

Bathsheba, you are losing a step, you're getting smarter! Mommy thought I was losing a step too so she started doing things like lifting me up to my food bowl so I didn't have to jump and stuff. I realized it's easier to let Mommy do stuff for me.

 
At Friday, June 01, 2007 1:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, you sound like a dignified ladycat to us. none of that silly immature nonsense. you're acting like the Queen and Ruler of the House that you are!

 
At Friday, June 01, 2007 4:22:00 AM, Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Bathsheba, I don't think you are losing a step. I just think you are older and wiser now. It is much nice inside, in my opinion. I mean, I like to go out on my harness or in my stroller, but I wouldn't want to be out there alone!

 
At Friday, June 01, 2007 10:19:00 AM, Blogger LZ said...

You're just smart! Life is much more relaxing being inside and sleeping a lot. And hey, you know they'll give you the foods anyway. Keep up the good work!

Chase

 
At Friday, June 01, 2007 11:31:00 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

Bathsheba, you are a sophisticated and dignified ladycat!

My Mommie had an older cat (his name was Cricket), and he couldn't jump too well because he got arthritis, so she got a special cat-ramp so he could get up on the bed, and climb down without jarring his joints.

 
At Friday, June 01, 2007 6:04:00 PM, Blogger MaoMao said...

Wowie, you sound like a sensible and elegant grown up ladykitty. And you look so serene all curled up in your chair.

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

 
At Friday, June 01, 2007 10:04:00 PM, Blogger The Furry Kids said...

Momma likes that picture of you with your paws all crossed. You look very elegant.

Love,
Tazo

 
At Saturday, June 02, 2007 2:05:00 PM, Blogger Rocky the Gutter Cat said...

Thare's nuthing rong with being dignifide in yer sunset yeers..... yer still H-O-T: HOT!!!

 
At Saturday, June 02, 2007 4:04:00 PM, Blogger Rosie & Cheeto said...

Wow, thowse are sum mean ackusayshun frum yer lady....

Furst, yoo have yer peepul trayned to feed yoo so why beg anymore.

Secound, Yer minumizing unnecesarry enurgy owtput by taking two small jumps to the baffrum sink instead of one gigantic jump.

Thurd (frum Cheeto) I agree with Rocky...yoo are HOT, B'Sheba. Vary hot!

 
At Saturday, June 02, 2007 11:47:00 PM, Blogger Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

It sounds to me like your fambly is FINALLY trained well enough for you NOT to have to do efurrything for yourself. That's my story ... I'm stickin' to it.

DMM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home