Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Snapshot Saturday


I was sleeping peacefully in my cat TV room, when Mom invited me outside.


I should have known something was up when she wanted me to go in the front yard because she usually wants me to stay out back.


My normally nice mom turned into a stalking paparazzi! Every few steps and it was click, click, click!





Maybe if I take this shortcut, I can get away from her.



No such luck!








How do those celebrities cope?




Maybe if I escape to the back yard . . .






But, no! Not even the clover brought me any luck in shaking this stalker.








I hoped that leaving the garden and retreating to my deck would do the trick, but she was persistent.









Maybe I should just cooperate and give her a good pose.











NOW, will you leave me alone!
~Jake
P.S. Mom hasn't let us blog much lately. She was feeling under the weather for a few days (too much pollen and not enough rain), plus she had more of her projects. She just can't get her priorities straight! We need more time to visit our dear friends since we're so behind. We appreciate your visits and comments and intend to reciprocate.
Here is a sorry excuse for a limerick in honor of Karen Jo. We hope she is feeling better.
There once was a lady named Karen Jo
Who all of the cats have come to know
She writes really good lines
And they’re all about felines
Now she needs some time to nurse her toe.
~J&B

Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

At Sunday, April 29, 2007 6:05:00 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

Jake, I can see why your mom wanted to take pictures. You look so handsome next to all of those beautiful flowers. Your yard is very pretty. And I like your limerick.

 
At Sunday, April 29, 2007 8:43:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary B❤️ said...

Jake you have a very nice garden to hang around in! and you are one good looking tabby.
You made up a great limerick.
My mommie has bad allergies too. She makes it freezing in the house even though it is not so cold outside, brrrr and no open windows either!!

Enjoy your day, friend
~Caesar

 
At Sunday, April 29, 2007 11:25:00 AM, Blogger sammawow said...

We agree, you are one good looking tabby - what a wonderful garden too. And that limerick was quite excellent!

Purrrs, China Cat & Willow

 
At Sunday, April 29, 2007 4:48:00 PM, Blogger Tara said...

You are very photogenenic, and that brings out the papparrazzi! But then we all get to enjoy looking at you!
Tara

 
At Sunday, April 29, 2007 7:20:00 PM, Blogger Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Yoo are looking good and so is yer garden, that's why yoo haf to put up wiv all the pichur taking.We know how yoo feel though, we can't turn our backs wivout hearing click,clck click.

 
At Sunday, April 29, 2007 10:40:00 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Your garden looks furry lovely.

 
At Sunday, April 29, 2007 10:51:00 PM, Blogger Skeezix the Cat said...

Wow. Whut a byootiful yard! Yer vary hansum, Jake! My Food Lady has bin bizzy, too, lately, so I know whut yoo meen!

 
At Sunday, April 29, 2007 11:13:00 PM, Blogger Zoey and the furballs said...

Jake, you're very handsome and lucky to get to go out in such a pretty yard.

 
At Tuesday, May 01, 2007 10:46:00 AM, Blogger LZ said...

What a beautiful garden! Of course you make it look even nicer. I still think you're so lucky to go outside!

Chase

 
At Tuesday, May 01, 2007 8:08:00 PM, Blogger Karen Jo said...

Your paparazzi Mom wanted lots of pictures of you in the beautiful yard. Thank you for the limerick. I really appreciate it. I can write the limericks I do because I have had lots of practice. My toes are feeling much better now.

 
At Friday, May 04, 2007 3:55:00 AM, Blogger Sasha said...

Jake, what a pretty garden. You must have a great time wandering round it. No wonder your Mom likes to take photos of you in it. The pathway with the background of flowers certainly shows off your very distinctive markings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home